Credit check turns up blank....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit check turns up blank....?

I've just run a credit check on a new prospect - as usual I used the RLA's service. For the first time I've ever experienced, although I've checked every address he's given me for the past 10 years, the check has come up completely blank. (Here's a sample copy of such a check) - every entry on the report is either 'zero' or 'n/a'.

Is it possible for a 'legitimate' and honest person to completely evade the system in this way? Applicant is mid-20s, I've verified the passport, and seen a bank statement, and am obtaining employer references. Applicant does work in what's traditionally a very 'cash oriented' job, so maybe if they've never applied for credit it's understandable?

Applicant is one half of a couple applying for a joint tenancy (the other comes up fine) so maybe I shouldn't be worrying so much (otherwise I'd be running a mile by now!) Thoughts?

As you say, if person has never had hire purchace, or a
    credit card, then they will have no credit history.
    But to have a passport and go abroard without a credit card, and
    never booked hotels, flights, car hire, on line with a credit card, does
    seem strange.

When i were a lad, i got in trouble with my credit cards ( only £ 1000
    in debt, but wages were only £ 6000 p.a. then ), but I paid off the
    debt with a bank loan and then had no credit cards for a number of
    years, I was then refused a credit card as I had no credit history, other than the previous credit card ( which had a few missed payments )

It took me 4 attempts ( 3 diffeent ones ) to get a credit card by having
    to explain that although their points systen showed I could not prove my
    ability to pay, I insisted on 2nd application that my ability to NOT
    get credit and save up for the things I wanted , was more responsible
    than up to the hilt credit cards.
    I eventualy got my credit card from one that initialy refused me.

So credit checks can prove no one has bought enough on credit, to be put
    on the system.
    R.a.M.

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
      But to have a passport and go abroard without a credit card, and
      never booked hotels, flights, car hire, on line with a credit card, does
      seem strange.
      R.a.M.
      Think VISA Debit, now issued by many banks. Has the advantage of VISA worldwide, but is taken from your bank. I used mine recenty in Canada with no credit card used throughout.
      I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

I'm 30 and have never owned a credit card or bought anything on credit, I don't think I'm strange just save up for what I want and don't spend more than I can afford.

Comment

Tell him to provide proof of his previous addresses.
          Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

my brother is 29 works for a computer firm and earns in excess of £40,000 a year his credit check always comes up blank for being my guarantor so he has to provide bank statements and payslips,he "doesn't do credit" so no credit history.So blank credit isn't always bad.

Comment

"Credit checks" don't simply look for signs of previous "credit".
              Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X