term dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

term dates

tenant pays monthly but started mid month, so paid to end of month pro-rata then monthly on 1st of month.
    Is the term end the anniversary of start date or 30th of month?

If the tenancy started on (say) the 15th of the month then the monthly periods of the tenancy will always be from the 15 to the 14th of the following month, when the rent is paid is irrelevant.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

If the fixed term is, for example, six months commencing 15th January 2012, then the last day of the term will be 14th July 2012.

Comment

Tenancy agreements like that, normally specify the end of the fixed term. I think your periods are from the first of the month. For example, I moved in on the 20th but when I moved in, I paid 1 month and 10 days worth of rent and my fixed term ends on the 31st.

Although periods only matter in a periodic tenancy, so the question reverts to the contract mentioning the end of the fixed term.
        All views posted reflect my personal opinion only and do not constitute professional advice which I am not qualified or knowledgeable enough to provide.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X