Delays in deposit return from scheme operator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delays in deposit return from scheme operator

Has anyone else experienced any delays in getting deposits returned from the DPS lately? We've had 3 now where we have had considerable delays, several weeks, in getting the funds back, even on straight forward agreed deductions.

Just wondered if anyone else has had any similar experiences with them recently.
    My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Yes, I've got a straight forward single claim ongoing - submitted the papers and I waited and waited - 3 weeks without any status change on-line. I telephoned them and they said they hadn't received the claim. I suggested I'd re-copy my copy and send again but they told me I'd have to do a completely new form as the commissioner of oaths signature has to be original and not a photocopy.

However though, the very next day the on-line status changed as - the missing post arrived. Can't see the postman taking over 3 weeks with a first class letter.

Mine is a single claim - I have been told I should receive the refund into my bank account around 10 July. So fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Claymore; 27-06-2012, 12:26 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Yep, thats sounds familiar.
      My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X