Section 21 Dates for 6 Month Fix Term contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 Dates for 6 Month Fix Term contract

I am hoping someone can advise me as I am confused. I let my property out on a six month contract, which started on 31st October 2011 and expired on 30th April 2012.

I issued a Section 21 Notice on 4th April 2012, giving two months notice, which expires on 6th June 2012. I was told that the expiry date was wrong by a friend and was told that it should have been 30th June 2012 instead.

Please can someone advise me if I am right or wrong with the date. Thanks

Originally posted by Motin View Post
    I am hoping someone can advise me as I am confused. I let my property out on a six month contract, which started on 31st October 2011 and expired on 30th April 2012.

I issued a Section 21 Notice on 4th April 2012, giving two months notice, which expires on 6th June 2012. I was told that the expiry date was wrong by a friend and was told that it should have been 30th June 2012 instead.

Please can someone advise me if I am right or wrong with the date. Thanks
    Seems fine. You say you 'issued' it on 4th April - the date 'served' is what matters, when did you serve it? How did you serve it? Does the AST say you can use that method of service?

Obvious questions - was there a deposit?
    Was it protected in a governemnt approved scheme? what date?
    Did you give the tenant the full info (called prescribed information) about how they recover their deposit nd the schemes terms and conditions?

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, the section 21 notice was served on 4th April 2012 by a friend, who hand delivered it through the letter box. I have a certificate of service with his signature.

The deposit has been protected in one of the government deposit scheme and the certificate was emailed and delivered by post to him. The 'information for Tenants' was given to him.

Thanks

Comment

Was it protected before 4th April 2012?
        Does your AST allow the service of information by email?
        Can you prove you did give the information if he disputes it?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X