Private Post boxes for tenants..are they a legal necessity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Post boxes for tenants..are they a legal necessity?

I am in a block of converted flats & the post is delivered to 5 tenants in the main hall. Should there be a place outside the front door where post can be left safely? My managing agents say NO

Seperate letter boxes for Tennats....

Originally posted by Woodsie12 View Post
    I am in a block of converted flats & the post is delivered to 5 tenants in the main hall. Should there be a place outside the front door where post can be left safely? My managing agents say NO
    Hello there

I can tell you from Experience that,when this was tried where I live putting the letter boxes outside,the boxes where either vandalized,damage,mail getting soaked,mail left poking out the boxes and stolen.

Went back using letter box in main hall,only to find out a tenant was nicking the mail and was legally evicted for doing that by LL...
    Thunderbirds are go

Comment

I cannot think they are a legal requirement although I suppose there is nothing to stop you putting one up yourself for your own mail.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Im not aware of any legal requirement, though would be interested if their was one.

I imagine it would be in the tenants interest to have their own mailbox for their own privacy. Dont want LL handing me my latest adult fetish magazine.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X