Thoughts on http://www.lettingaproperty.com ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on http://www.lettingaproperty.com ??

Hi All,

What is the general feeling of using something like http://www.lettingaproperty.com to advertise, as an alternative to a high street agent?

From £79. I would not say you are getting value for money but neither would you with uPad or a high street name letting agent.

This Is Letting A Property on RightMove, perhaps calling the number to Enquire about a property will give you an idea of the service you will be paying for.

A new service called OpenRent just launched for £20 to advertise a property.. I only mention it as I received an email after talking to the operator on a blog. Not sure of service level but - not much lost for £20 to try.

Comment

I was thinking advertising on Right Move would be the deal maker, so taking the silver service would be the minimum at £79.

I thought it was just adversting and that the contact is made direct with the landord? or did i mis read something?

Comment

Zoopla/RightMove wont allow that. Their is little difference between an on-line letting agent and a real one, except that of lower overheads (apparently) and on-line agent is likely to know your property less and on-line agents don't do viewings.

So a tenant finds property on RightMove and calls the RightMove Number whom directs it to the Online Agent, whom will take lots of information from tenant and pass the "lead" on to you.
        They wont be able to answer any questions to tenant other than what you filled out on their website.

Their similar to a telephone answering service.

Comment

I think I would prefer that as i can vet the T myself. My last T's stayed with me for 5yrs.

I read some more into it and looked a visum as well which is a little cheaper, so i dont mine as long as it ends up on RightMove etc.

Since I did everything myself last time i think this is more preferable for me as when the Agent did the viewing last time they knew jack about the property, so i ended up doing it all - Viewing/AST/Credit Check etc.

I guess if the T has more questions they can pass the Ts details to the L?? Or does it not work like that?

Comment

Yes, it will be all up to you to answer questions. Agent passes YOU the Tenants number.

The On-line Agent is just about asking questions, my point being whilst these on-line agents are great for cost (well kinda) they know little about the property and this may turn tenants away when they call. Instead of tenant asking about the property, the agent is asking 101 questions to ensure they can do a reference.

They are no replacement for a good agent, for a DIY landlord though they are nearly their...

Comment

Originally posted by kfarmah View Post
              Hi All,

What is the general feeling of using something like http://www.lettingaproperty.com to advertise, as an alternative to a high street agent?
              I've used lettingaproperty.com a number of times and think they are great...

Comment

i think i have almost made my mind up.

I may go for something cheaper so i think its worth a shot as I feel more comfortable doing the viewings and vetting the T myself so i feel we can comprise with each other during the tennancy.

If I had a portfolio then i might tend to agree with the need for a good agent but they seem to do the same as me ie advertise/viewings/AST-CC/Inventory etc - and charge both the T and L for the priviledge. I have heard and read a few stories on LLZ as well.

So would be vetting the T even if an agent was involved.

Comment

@kfarmah - I'm the co-founder of OpenRent, if you did have any questions or things we've not made clear on the site, just let me know.

Originally posted by YesAdam View Post
                  Their similar to a telephone answering service.
                  @YesAdam - Thanks for the mention, we definitely like to think of ourselves as more than "a telephone answering service" though! As far as processing the Rightmove leads go, it's a fair comment I guess. Whilst with all similar services you are essentially paying someone to handle the leads (assuming you don't want to make use of their other services), there are definitely differences as to how that's handled.

I personally think the fees an agent charges is something tenants consider when looking at properties. If agents are up front about them, or even better, don't have any admin fees, then tenants are more likely to get in touch. Also having more details on the property, that perhaps Rightmove doesn't support, can be of added benefit. Clearly having good response times and customer service are essential - but all companies will say they have this, the proof is in the pudding!

Comment

lol, you can not thank me for recommendation and pull me up for mocking your service. I was overgeneralising of course. Lovely design by the way.

Comment

I have always done my own letting as I prefer it but wondered how to get on to sites like Rightmove. (You can't. Only professional agents can advertise on those sites). I saw an advert for Lettingaproerty and uploaded my photos and information about the flat onto their free advert site. The next day I got a phone call from Thomas offering me the opportunity to upgrade for £59. (Cheaper than Gumtree which was where I was going to post). He was very professional and was happy to answer all my questions. As I hadn't heard of them I said I wanted to do a bit of research before paying so they called me back later. My flat was on Rightmove the next day and the other sites the following day. They send you a text message and an email with the name and phone number of the person interested in the flat. This has the added benefit of the landlord not receiving phone calls at midnight!I had a lot of replies and let the flat within a couple of days (London). I would highly recommend them if you like to be in control. Pat

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X