What constitutes end of tenancy after section 8 served?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

I visited the property last Saturday, and confirmed that T has changed the locks to the front and back door, but not to the french patio doors, so I was able to gain access. The property has been completely stripped, and is cosmetically a real mess, but it's mostly cleanable. Carpets and some wooden floors will need replacing however.

However, there was no post in the property. Neither of the posted notices, nor the hand delivered one were there, nor was any other post. Someone has entered the property since the notice was hand delivered and collected it (other post may be being redirected). Therefore, I decided to leave the property as I found it and will continue down the s8 route. I've still not heard anything from T. The notice expires next Wednesday and so I'll take the next steps next Thursday. Thanks again to all those who have provided comments and advice.

Comment

Court date was yesterday. T didn't show up and it was all over in less than 5 minutes. I got a 14 day possesion order and a money order for all the outstanding rent and costs.

Thanks to everyone for their invaluable advice on this and other threads that helped me to get there.

Comment

Update:

Finally got the bailiffs around yesterday to execute a warrant for possession, and I now have my house back!

Comment

Congratulations and well done! Let's hope you don't get caught like that again.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X