Student bed wrecked where do I stand on replacing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And again - correction- me not mo!

Comment

Yes, you are entitled to a like for like replacement. In other words, if the bed was new in Oct 2011 and the T broke it, then you can expect them weither to have it repaired if possible, or to replace it with a similar make, quality and style of bed which is no more than 6 months old.

Yes, they are contracturally obliged to replace it as soon they break it, but to enforce that clause you would have to take them to court, which is not worth the time, money and mental energy.

I recommend that in future, you don't supply metal frame beds in rental properties - wooden ones are much more durable and can be repaired more easily.

One of our student tenants claimed recently that the side support of his solid pine bed 'just broke in the night' while he was fast asleep. Yeah, right! Upside was that it was easily mended and whilst mending it I was privy to a very interesting conversation between the tenant and three other 19 year old lads about what gets on their nerves about girls.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        One of our student tenants claimed recently that the side support of his solid pine bed 'just broke in the night' while he was fast asleep. Yeah, right! Upside was that it was easily mended and whilst mending it I was privy to a very interesting conversation between the tenant and three other 19 year old lads about what gets on their nerves about girls.
        I had a similar situation, actually. One of my tenants beds broke, I purchased him a new bed and took it over and built it. The young lad is French, and we spoke at lengths about travelling as I like to visit various places. Well when he went home he brought me back some lovely local wine from his village which went down perfectly with my saturday Steak that I cooked for me and the missis.

I didn't charge him for the new bed, as the old one was quite cheap and I felt bad about the whole thing.

Comment

A decent bottle of wine is however probably preferable to a student conversation about the failings of women according to 19 year old boys!
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X