How useful are Landlordzone forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How useful are Landlordzone forms?

The Section 21 and Section 8 forms on here download as pdf files. I don't have an editor for these, so if I want to complete them on my pc I have to print out then scan the item, then OCR, then correct the OCR.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any reason why you don't print them and fill them in by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
      Any reason why you don't print them and fill them in by hand?
      There isn't enough room on the form for me to write in the full housing act text of even one ground that I am relying on. (never mind three grounds)

Comment

I am using Adobe Reader 10.1.3.

If the "Tools" button is selected, the pdf file can be converted to a Word or Excel document. Maybe that will give you enough room to add all of the information you need to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
          I am using Adobe Reader 10.1.3.

If the "Tools" button is selected, the pdf file can be converted to a Word or Excel document. Maybe that will give you enough room to add all of the information you need to add.
          Thanks Mrs Mug,

I just updated my Adobe Reader, and clicked on Tools as you suggested. It still asks me to subscribe at £15.75 a year before it will let me export to Word.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
            It still asks me to subscribe at £15.75 a year before it will let me export to Word.
            See if you can find a decent free pdf to word converter to download.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
              See if you can find a decent free pdf to word converter to download.
              Thanks, but I don't put free software on my PC. (No such thing as a free lunch.) Your suggestion gave me an idea though:

I have cut the pdf text from Google chrome, and pasted it into Word. What a palaver!

Comment

[QUOTE=JK0;374022]Thanks, but I don't put free software on my PC. (No such thing as a free lunch.) Your suggestion gave me an idea though:

Try LibreOffice

Comment

Thanks, but I don't put free software on my PC. (No such thing as a free lunch
                  Er, what?

Aren't you using the free Acrobat Reader?

Comment

I wonder what paid for browser the OP uses to view websites?
                    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Thanks, but I don't put free software on my PC. (No such thing as a free lunch.)
                      Hmm. With one or two exceptions, I don't put paid-for software on mine. Which certainly doesn't mean I download any old junk on a whim; I'm extremely circumspect about what I install.

Comment

There are a lot of websites where you can convert files from one type to another such as PDF to Word.

Google PDF to WORD and away you go

Comment

This link has both pdf and word versions

http://www.youngandpearce.co.uk/landlord-forms.htm

Comment

Thank you Lara. Maybe that's an idea for Landlordzone.

Comment

Thank you Lara. Maybe that's an idea for Landlordzone.
                              The Landlordzone forms do say "(c) Landlordzone" at the bottom, which suggests to me that they don't actually want you to mess with them...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X