No hot water or heating for a month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hot water or heating for a month.

I rented a property for 3 years from Dec 2008- Feb 2012. All was fine until 8 Dec 2011 when oil starting leaking from the heating boiler. Plumber failed to respond for a week and so I then had no hot water or heating. My LL expected me to sort it as he lived 60 odd miles away. Eventually on the 19 Jan 2012 the heating was fixed despite numerous texts and phone calls. I decided I couldn't live there during this time as the property was cold and there was no hot water apart from boiling a kettle to wash with! I paid my rent for this month and had requested a rebate for the next month as I hadn'tbeen able to live there and had cancelled a family Christmas which we had all been looking forward to, however my LL refused to consider any rebate or discount so I withheld my next months rent and gave my required one months notice. I'm now trying to get my deposit back through the DPS. I'm considering claiming compensation for all the inconvenience of having to stay with friends and whilst away on holiday during the New Year I collapsed and was hospitalised, probably with stress they say. Can you let me know what you think?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X