X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GivemylovetoJudy
    replied
    I've recently found that one of my tenants in another property who owes me 6 months rent arrears owns an apartment in Croatia. If I get a CCJ registered against him, is there a way I can get this transferred to Croatia and charged against his apartment to make him pay. I've heard of the European Payment Order (https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_...dures-41-en.do)

Has anyone had any luck getting money/placing a charge on foreign properties when foreign nationals come to the UK, run up rent arrears and then go back to Europe?

many thanks
    Judy

Leave a comment:

• hadiolar
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorimer View Post
    Good news. I have just contacted the tenant referencing company that we used to enquire whether they had any additional information on the tenant which had not been included in the PDF report that they had sent us. They said 'yes' and were able to provide me with a payroll number and also a job title and location for the tenant. I have just put the completed attachment of earnings application form in the post and have everything crossed. Wish me luck that I do not end up with a 10 pence a month order. The tenant owes us over 10K, including interest and fees!
    I was searching for something related to my predicament and I saw this post.

i need all the help that I can get. Tenant owes over 6k and is been evicted soon—-warrant issued. I just need to know the process of getting my money back. Kindly assist me with what worked for you. Steps and process. I will really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• scoobydo
    replied
    Thanks JK0, think I am time limited, it is 2nd hand information that he is working and also dont have a current address. Guess key is the correct form and filling it out correctly to ask to extend the time, obviously taking into account that the interest will stop at 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Just apply for an attachment of earnings order ASAP, surely?

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...nt-of-earnings

Leave a comment:

• scoobydo
    replied
    Hi, is anyone familiar with the form to gain more time for enforcement? Got someone owing just shy of 6k and have found out now working. I have been tracking this joker for years and now may have means but order was 16/01/13 so almost 6 years up :-( Could of sworn I read somewhere that you can get another 6 years but cannot find the form an local court are useless cannot get through on phone so guess a visit required. Tks

https://thesheriffsoffice.com/articl...beyond-6-years

Perhaps it is form N445 but not sure how to fill the form in. Currently got an urgent trace running on him, would the figures to be added include the 8% pa, dont even know what type of warrant it is and cannot find a guide to complete, any help much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Oversteer
    replied
    One thing to consider is that on occasion peoples life situations change over time. If you have judgment that lasts for 6 years, in that time they might meet a partner and want to rent or get a house. Or their financial situation may improve. It may be worth tracing them in 5 years time to see if it's now time to enforce your judgment before it expires.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    No chance of getting what's owed, then.

Make sure you register the ccj. It doesn't happen automatically when the judgement is part of a repossession hearing so you have to apply to have it done so it appears in the tenant's credit history.

That's possibly one of the reasons the tenant's got away with it previously.

Leave a comment:

• mycanal
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorimer View Post
    Good news. I have just contacted the tenant referencing company that we used to enquire whether they had any additional information on the tenant which had not been included in the PDF report that they had sent us. They said 'yes' and were able to provide me with a payroll number and also a job title and location for the tenant. I have just put the completed attachment of earnings application form in the post and have everything crossed. Wish me luck that I do not end up with a 10 pence a month order. The tenant owes us over 10K, including interest and fees!
    I am first time landlord in the same siutation, facing court to evict non paying tenant my first one and phd in rent dodging...would you be able to guide , she keep chaning jobs , no bank balanace single mother working as care assisstant minmum wage job but she do get child support, benefits etc and she always work part time but different jobs every month.

Leave a comment:

• Gfl
    replied
    Any advice on using Debt collection agency? Come cross this from google, http://www.property118.com/debt-coll...-no-fee/38229/
    Is it trustworthy?

Leave a comment:

• Gfl
    replied
    I got a tenant who is receiving universal credit for housing elements and do not work, now 4months rent in arrears, I am taking him to court for possession. Is the court able to issue a possession order and a pay-rent order at the same claim if I am successful? What option do I have if he still don't pay, and don't pay ccj either? What about if he eventually moved out and won't tell me his new address? Is ccj able to get his new address from somewhere else?

Leave a comment:

• vishalbjain
    replied
    Originally posted by AJT1000 View Post
    Thanks for this. Does anyone have any recent experience of waiting times for the warrant for possession and bailiff appointment. We're nearly 6 weeks on from applying for the warrant, with no response from the courts (Berkshire) as to a date - goodness knows when that will be. The process was started with the section 21 served last JUNE......
    I applied for a warrant of posession on the 10th Jan and got a bailiff appointment for the 3rd week of Feb. This was with the watford county court.

Leave a comment:

• crossxtenant
    replied
    From my recent experience the courts are running massively behind.
    Totally different situation to yours but I went to court at the beginning of December, defendant, who was present, was told in no uncertain terms by the judge that they had 14 days to pay. The case wasn't typed up until last week and the defendant has now been given until mid Jan to pay and the deadline for paying their counterclaim fee was extended from mid December to mid February!

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    (Not from direct experience)

Sounds about right. See page 6 for England & Wales national average. (TL;DR: 11 weeks from claim to order, 38 from claim to warrent)

Leave a comment:

• AJT1000
    replied
    Thanks for this. Does anyone have any recent experience of waiting times for the warrant for possession and bailiff appointment. We're nearly 6 weeks on from applying for the warrant, with no response from the courts (Berkshire) as to a date - goodness knows when that will be. The process was started with the section 21 served last JUNE......

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    He needs a good kickin'

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X