X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Not opening doors etc. is standard advice from debt charities & CaB for those with debts when bailiffs call, check the websites

The HCEOs will have enjoyed getting any fee.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    I think it would be pretty unlikely for any creditor to have that information. Just write 'unknown', and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Lorimer
    replied
    We had a tenant with huge rent arrears against whom we managed to get a CCJ. When it came to enforcement of the CCJ, the tenant gave the High Court Sheriffs the run-around by never opening the door when they called at his new address. We now feel that the only way to get the money that we are owed is by an attachment to earnings order as we know that the tenant is employed. Trouble is, the attachment to earnings application form asks for the tenant's job title, payroll number and location etc. Although we have the name, address and phone number for the employer - we have no way of knowing the tenant's job title, payroll number and location. We have tried phoning the employer to explain the situation but of course, they do not want to divulge the information. Will our attachment to earnings application be rejected by the the court without this information?

Leave a comment:

• shami1258
    replied
    thank you for that very useful info

Leave a comment:

• Darth Wookie
    replied
    Permission needed to enforce a suspended possession order
    Cardiff County Council v Lee (Flowers) [2016] EWCA Civ 1034 (http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/insights/...ssession-order)

Don't know how many of you have experienced this but I'm finding it increasingly frustrating, and expensive. Some Courts are accepting a request for permission to enforce the order at the time of issue, and some are refusing, citing an examination of individual circumstances following a breach. Although the above case appears to have been ASB related, it's also being applied to rent possession cases. As usual, no consistency in the application of a ruling. Hopefully it's overturned or clarified soon.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Yes, the bailiffs return possession to you, extinguishing the tenant's right to live there.
    Arrange for a locksmith to change the locks as they repossess.

Tell the tenant that you are going to reposses, so that can remove their belongings.
    If they don't, I'd pay someone to remove them and put them into storage for a while (a third party is less likely to be accused of theft).

Leave a comment:

• Temp
    replied
    O.K. I have a new question:

I have a possession order, but the Tenant is in Hospital and is likely to be there long term. All her goods and furniture are still in the property.

Do I need a bailiff to 'evict' her even though she is not physically there? What can the bailiff do, or what should I ask him to do?

Leave a comment:

• banner257
    replied
    A very good informative post. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Twin1
    replied
    Thanks everyone. I have that information already. What I wanted to know was/is, can I add a note of the Section 42 of the County Courts Act to any Section 21 or Section 8 that I issue? Or does this only apply to the Court Application submission forms?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    See Lime House Legal's most recent newsletter..
    http://www.limelegal.co.uk/hlwemails...k23032016.html

Possession proceedings against tenants

In response to complaints that some High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEOs) have been using Form N293A to transfer County Court Possession Orders against tenants for enforcement to the High Court, the Queen’s Bench Senior Master has issued a practice note providing that (1) the Queen’s Bench Division Enforcement Section will not accept Form N293A for transfer to the High Court for enforcement of a possession order of the County Court other than for possession orders against trespassers; and (2) the Queen’s Bench Masters will not accept applications under Section 41 of the County Court Act 1984 for transfer of a County Court possession claim for enforcement – such applications must be made under Section 42 of the County Court Act 1984 to a judge of the hearing centre of the County Court where the possession order was made. There has been re-drafted Form N239A and drafted a new form of draft order (PF52) giving permission to enforce a judgment or order for giving possession of land in the County Court (other than a claim against trespassers under Part 55). etc etc etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• vicks
    replied
    Note to all

I am currently looking to review the above advice, may I suggest you read with caution as some of the above may be outdated now.

Happy to try and help if anyone has a specific question.

Leave a comment:

• barbarausa
    replied
    Can you use the charging order against the debtors property if it is a jointly owned house? Also, if you go for the bankruptcy route can a jointly owned house be seized as property ( I guess not but what actually would happen? )

Leave a comment:

• YellowYeti
    replied
    Very helpful thread, I wanted to mention leaflet EX323 ( I don't think I can link to it, but google finds it fairly easily ). This is titled 'How do I ask for an attachment of earnings order?' and I found it very useful.

Leave a comment:

• vicks
    replied
    Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
    Does anyone know the answer to the following please - if you have a charging order against a debtors property can you still use one of the other methods (baliffs/3rd party debt order for example) to try to get the money (obviously lifting the order if you get paid)?
    Bit of a late reply but.

You may use more than one method of enforcement at the same time as per:

PART 70 - GENERAL RULES ABOUT ENFORCEMENT OF JUDGMENTS AND ORDERS
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part70

Methods of enforcing judgments or orders
    (1) Practice Direction 70 sets out methods of enforcing judgments or orders for the payment of money.
    (2) A judgment creditor may, except where an enactment, rule or practice direction provides otherwise –
    (a) use any method of enforcement which is available; and
    (b) use more than one method of enforcement, either at the same time or one after another.
    Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    Does anyone know the answer to the following please - if you have a charging order against a debtors property can you still use one of the other methods (baliffs/3rd party debt order for example) to try to get the money (obviously lifting the order if you get paid)?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Phased reduction in notice period
    by Jon66
    I suspect with the ease at which tests can be taken, with almost immediate results, positive covid tests would be a requirement to defeat a warrant....
    13-05-2021, 00:11 AM
  • Phased reduction in notice period
    by KTC
    Down from 6 to 4 months "until at least October", and if everything goes to plan re. COVID-19, 2 months from then.

Bailiffs enforcement ban to end.

4 weeks section 8 ground 8 down from 6 months arrears to 4 months. New grounds included on "reduced" notice...
    12-05-2021, 15:48 PM
  • Reply to CCJ and New Tenancy
    by Jon66
    It's a no from me 🤣
    12-05-2021, 23:51 PM
  • CCJ and New Tenancy
    by landlord-man
    I have a prospective tenant who has children with his ex partners and is currently living with a new partner and their child.

He has a fairly good income but its not guaranteed due to the nature of his employment.

I have just discovered he has a CCJ for a £535 debt - which...
    12-05-2021, 16:44 PM
  • Reply to Should I let to this person?
    by Jon66
    It's a no from me.
    12-05-2021, 23:45 PM
  • Should I let to this person?
    by JK0
    A two bedroom unfurnished flat of mine fell vacant a couple of weeks ago, and I put it back with the same agent. I have received an email from them as follows:

This normally would be a no, but tenants are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. What would you guys do?...
    12-05-2021, 15:28 PM
  • Reply to New landlord needs some advice
    by Jon66
    If you are inexperienced I would advise finding a good reputable high street agent, not Fxxxxxx, and place it with them on a tena t find only basis. I know some on here don't think it's such a great idea for numerous reasons, but I'm an experienced professional and know my agents well, and it means...
    12-05-2021, 23:43 PM
  • New landlord needs some advice
    by wenqi
    Hi, I am just a new landlord who is renting our first property using openrent. I do need some advice from you.

We had a very lovely lady to view our house. She looked love our property and wanted to take it straight away. Because she came alone (her partner was working), my husband advised...
    12-05-2021, 19:56 PM
  • Reply to Carpet burn
    by Jon66
    I was too lazy to get the ironing board out and ironed a shirt on the carpet. That was expensive . . . it was my carpet. I was very young at the time but old enough to know better 🤣.

Agree with a ove, her problem not yours. Leave it and deduct out of the deposit at the end. Tough if...
    12-05-2021, 23:38 PM
  • Carpet burn
    by jase222
    Over the last three months I have been engaged in a spat with my tenants, they have been working from home and the women put her company laptop on the carpet charging, well the charger over heated and put a large burn on the carpet along with destroying the laptop.
    She has said she will not pay...
    27-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Working...
X