Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swift373
    replied
    Im hoping so. going to give them another call later today and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Presuming the agency are being paid to let the new place you are interested in, it would be in their interest to facilitate a smooth transfer for you. Have you asked them what can be done about this obstacle? After all, the current landlord presumably wants you out for an easy sale so he may be willing to compromise. The new landlord and the agent presumably don't want you going elsewhere, especially if you have been reliable tenants, so there may be some lee way there too.

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    Not at all. they told us one month in person when we went in to apply for the new property and over the phone. my girlfriend is livid about it as thy have just been very poor for such a named estate agent

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Would you have any way of proving they said one month? Phone message? Email? Anything?

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    I know we don't have to allow viewing but we don't want to be arseholes about it. just they are a really poor company. they advised we give one months notice when we need to give two. they didn't even know when i spoke to them we were already applying for a new property through them. they didn't give us notice of the property bring put on the market and they even sent the contract to our new place to my gfs old addrss in another city .. T

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Even if you have a contractual T requiring 2 months Notice, it is possible that you are not unduly inconvenienced if it allows Notice to be served on any day of month to expire 2 cal months later.
    SPT notice requirements are quite rigid ie must be served before end of 1 tenancy period to expire at end of next T period (not nec rent due dates) so get it wrong by 1 day and you would be liable for rent & property for almost 2 months
    Unless you cut & paste relevent Notice clause, as requested, it is impossible to advise further. You are under no legal oblidation to allow viewings, even with advance notice, but if you want a good LL ref I would suggest negotiating 2 periods a week for 2 hours each, at times convenient to you to show property in best light (clean & tidy)& when you can be present.

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    Please ignore spelling its my silly phone

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    Originally posted by westminster View Post
    In what way 'advise' one month's notice? Or did you assume it?

It is still possible that you don't have a contractual periodic tenancy. It entirely depends on what the contract you signed actually says. Unless you tell us what it says, we can't advise any further.
    It does intact say two months notice. when burying with them about it and the new property we applied for on 3 occasion we were.told 1 months notice. i guess this is the norm and they dudnt check out contract when advising ys.

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    We could stay longer but the likelihood is we would stilmove at some point. plus we have them arranging viewing frequently

Leave a comment:

• westminster
    replied
    Originally posted by swift373 View Post
    I believe now that it does state two months so i don't understand why they would advise just the one month.
    In what way 'advise' one month's notice? Or did you assume it?

It is still possible that you don't have a contractual periodic tenancy. It entirely depends on what the contract you signed actually says. Unless you tell us what it says, we can't advise any further.

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Just because it is up for sale does not mean you have to move.

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    I believe now that it does state two months so i don't understand why they would advise just the one month. it just makes.moving that more difficult as we have a property to move into in may which means potentially that will have to be delayed. the property were getting is through the same estate agents as well. were only moving now because we came home.from work one day after not hearing from them for 3 months to find it up for.sale.

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Originally posted by swift373 View Post
    they hadd told us 3 times previously when asked it was one month
    What did the contract that you signed (and presumably read) say? When you can tell us what it says about notice, then we can give accurate and relevant advice.

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    The difference is a contractual one is governed by the terms of the contract. A Statutory one is governed by the terms laid down is statute (law).

If you had not signed a new contract, the law would have given you a Statutory periodic tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• swift373
    replied
    What is the difference? also they hadd told us 3 times previously when asked it was one month

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X