Dps single claim process queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dps single claim process queries

Despite reading through DPS website and emailing DPS with following queries still abit confused about process.

Tenants moved out leaving no forwarding address 2 weeks ago, deposit of £500 was secured with DPS at start of tenancy in 2010. They have breached tenancy agreement in variety of ways, late payment of rent, not leaving property in clean state, damage to carpets and vinyl etc (not normal wear and tear)etc....

I wish to claim back full £500 have photographic evidence of damage and receipts for work done etc, which total far more than this.

As i have no forwarding address do i need to start joint repayment process first and leave 14 days? classing the fact DPS will issue notice to tenant and this will be acceptable? or can i start single claim process straightaway? I am confused what to do as it says i must attach a copy of notice i served on tenant asking whether they accept i should be paid whole amount of deposit- cant do this no forwarding address! unless i send it to the empty property they have vacated?!!

Yes, you do joint process first. Tenants are 'supposed' to provide DPS with their ongoing contact details, so DPS will process that first. If, after X weeks, they have not responded you can apply for a single claim form, fill it out and get it certified. Payment is reasonably quick after that.

Comment

Thanks, that is what i thought initially, unfortunately when trying to confirm this with DPS they confused me but not really answering the question i had asked!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X