please please please can someone offer me some advice ? (From a tennant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please please please can someone offer me some advice ? (From a tennant)

As you will already be aware from my previous posts we have had a lot of trouble with our new property.
    from gas leak
    electrical problems.
    and now structural problems.
    The big problem is that the LL wants us to leave, she is offering to terminate the tennancy at no effect on us.
    The tennancy STARTED on 6th Jan 2012 and is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
    The thing is that I am NOT in a position to move I cant afford it financially, I dont have access to enough funds to find a deposit and fees all over again and mentally/Emotionally I am not in the position to do it either, Does anyone know where I stand on this .. Do I have to leave the property? I have been told that being in a fixed term contract that I cannot be served notice on .. Im off to the CAB tomorrow, But I just dont know what to do or who to ask.
    I am very confused very scared ( I dont want to be homeless) and very upset.

If you have a 12 month fixed term contract, and provided it does not contain a break clause, it is binding for 12 months unless you and your landlord both agree to end it early. This is the point of a 12 month term.

If you've had issues and your landlord wants you to leave it may be a good idea to take this opportunity to move: Reply to your landlord that you'd be prepared to surrender the tenancy if she pays for your costs.

Comment

Originally posted by jjlandlord View Post
      If you have a 12 month fixed term contract, and provided it does not contain a break clause, it is binding for 12 months unless you and your landlord both agree to end it early. This is the point of a 12 month term.

If you've had issues and your landlord wants you to leave it may be a good idea to take this opportunity to move: Reply to your landlord that you'd be prepared to surrender the tenancy if she pays for your costs.
      I agree with jjlandlord. Ask her if she can do a checkout inventory and release your deposit immediately, so you can put it down on another property. It's a bit irregular but she is obviously keen to regain possession, so strike while the iron's hot.
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

thanks guys
        Will try these things, Just really sucks as it was a dream house, before we found all the problems.
        I am finding that there are no similar spec properties in my area

Comment

Originally posted by dazed_confused View Post
          thanks guys
          Will try these things, Just really sucks as it was a dream house, before we found all the problems.
          I am finding that there are no similar spec properties in my area
          That's life, I'm afraid. It will be stressful whether you stay or go - but at least if you go, the stress will end sooner.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X