Eviction notice served now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eviction notice served now what

Hi Does anyone have advise on my next step to take, I had new tenants move in on the 25 Aug 2011, they paid 1 months rent up front and 1 months deposit. Septembers rent was paid in Oct. And then NOTHING! I heard nothing from the tenant, he ignored all my texts letters and phone calls. Then at the begining of November I received a text from him to say that he had problems at work and left his job BUT had also started a new job, but he hadnt received any pay from his last job, I was promised staged payments, nothing materialised. We received one excuse after another. I have offered help, given him time but still I got no payment. I took this to court on the 14 Feb 2012, the judge told him that he was to leave the property by the 10 April 2012. I know he wont leave by this date, he is there to stay, unfotunatley he owes me 6 months rent £3125.00 He pays no council tax, no water and no gas/electricity.

When can I start proceedings to get my money back? This tenant earns £1400 per month and pays no bills.
    When can I instruct the court bailiffs, so they can be ready and at the property for the 10 April?

Originally posted by JoanneStannard View Post
    I took this to court on the 14 Feb 2012, the judge told him that he was to leave the property by the 10 April 2012. I know he wont leave by this date, he is there to stay, unfotunatley he owes me 6 months rent £3125.00 He pays no council tax, no water and no gas/electricity.

When can I start proceedings to get my money back? This tenant earns £1400 per month and pays no bills.
    When can I instruct the court bailiffs, so they can be ready and at the property for the 10 April?
    I think you can apply for the bailiff to execute the possession order after the possession date has passed. You can bring a claim for any unpaid rent as soon as it is owing and unpaid, i.e. now.

But, please tell us:
    1. Is this an AST in England/Wales?
    2. Did you obtain a possession order via s.21 or s.8 procedure?
    3. If s.8, did you get an order for the unpaid rent?

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
      I think you can apply for the bailiff to execute the possession order after the possession date has passed. You can bring a claim for any unpaid rent as soon as it is owing and unpaid, i.e. now.

But, please tell us:
      1. Is this an AST in England/Wales?
      2. Did you obtain a possession order via s.21 or s.8 procedure?
      3. If s.8, did you get an order for the unpaid rent?
      I agree with Westminster, you can't apply for bailiffs until the enant has not complied with the order. 'Knowing' he won't isn't enough. You'll need to complete form n325 and submit with a fee of £110.

With regard to money - the order sould say when he has to pay by - but I am guessing you don't know the actual amount until he goes (due to rent being due until departure). This press article outlines your options (and the costs). http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...force-judgment

Are you sure your dates are right? The longest the judge should have granted is 42 days.

---------------

Council tax, water electricity, gas etc are not your problem - let the companies who have contracts with him deal with that.

Comment

Hi Jo

i really feel for you, i am going through the SAME exact thing, are you doing this yourself or solicitor? if the latter you need to tell him/her that the 10th of April is not acceptable and if he/she doesnt do anything than take the matter into your own hands.

Comment

Contact the utility companies yourself, and take notes/put in writing to make sure the bills are in the tenants name, and you will contact them when the tenant is out of the property, and give readings if necessary.
          Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X