As Landlords, would you want to know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Landlords, would you want to know...

That the tenants in you managed property haven't received details of where their deposit is held despite being in the property over a year and that they haven't received a copy of the most recent gas safety check?

I ask, because as a tenant - I haven't received either of the above and had to remind the agency that the GSC needed doing!

Thanks

Yes, if you have contact details for the LL, then write, telling them how useless their agents are. LL is paying for a management service, and obviously not getting what they are paying for.

If you do not have LL's address, write to the agents and ask for it, as by law they have to provide LL's details in 21 days following a written request.

If GSC lapsed and you suffered injury as a result, LL is ultimately responsible, so I'd want to know!

Comment

That is probably one of the main reasons why a lot of us don't use agents - lack of follow up procedures after they have taken their money.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

As a landlord I would definately want to know this. If a tenant tells me that my agent isn't doing what they are paid for then I can take action about it.

Comment

Thank you - I didn't want to be telling tales out of school but I will let our landlord know tonight.

Many thanks

Comment

If the deposit is protected by the TDS http://www.thedisputeservice.co.uk/ the deposit info should be included with the tenancy contract, so check that first.

Comment

As no one has seen the agency agreement, I don't know how anyone can comment on the agency not doing what they are paid for.
              Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Then OP should still make LL aware, as he/she is the one with access to the T&C of the contract, and can act on it or ignore as necessary!

Comment

Westminter - thank you, we did indeed have the info held within the tenancy contract. (not the bit we signed by slipped in behind)

My mind is now at rest that the deposit is protected as it should be.

I will also chase up on the copy of the Gas safety check certificate.

Thanks once again

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X