Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 8 weeks arrears

Hi

I need to issue 14 days notice to my tenant as he's over 8 weeks in arrears.

Can someone email me a standard 14 days notice of issue please?

With the exact wording i should use. The judges can be quite strict with this wording.

He's well over 8 weeks in arrears, so i need to evict him asap.

If i'm not mistaken, this is the web link to use once the 14 days has elapsed?

https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/HomePage.do

And its still £100 right?

Thank you v much for your help.

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
    I need to issue 14 days notice to my tenant as he's over 8 weeks in arrears.
    If you mean you need to issue a Section 8 notice, then see the link below.

http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index..._contract/0-36

Comment

Excellent

Doesnt anyone have the section 8 notice in word format?

Comment

Try OCR software

Comment

s8 pcol eviction

Found it! Is this the right wording that i shoudl use? If not, please email me the correct wording. Thanks!

Ground 8
          Rent is payable every 4 weeks at the rate of £720 every 4 weeks. There are arrears of £2100 at the date of this notice being over 8 weeks in arrears.

Ground 10
          There are arrears of rent of £2100 at the date of this notice.

Ground 11
          The tenant hasn’t paid any rent from his wage towards his arrears. Housing benefit covers part of the rent, but he works and earns a good amount of wage and he has refused to cover any of the arrears from this wage.

Comment

Ground 11 is about rent being pesistantly late - you haven't mentioned that.

Ground 8 & 10 - it is unpaid not arrears - they mean different things.

Did you find a 'word' version of the s8? Because I am kind (daft) I have done one for you www.snorkerz.com/section 8 notice.docx

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
              Ground 8
              Rent is payable every 4 weeks at the rate of £720 every 4 weeks. There are arrears of £2100 at the date of this notice being over 8 weeks in arrears.
              The issue is that ground 8 is not available if rent is payable 4-weekly.

The definition of ground 8 from the Housing Act 1988 is
              Both at the date of the service of the notice under section 8 of this Act relating to the proceedings for possession and at the date of the hearing—

(a)if rent is payable weekly or fortnightly, at least [F9eight weeks’] rent is unpaid;
              (b)if rent is payable monthly, at least [F10two months’] rent is unpaid;
              (c)if rent is payable quarterly, at least one quarter’s rent is more than three months in arrears; and
              (d)if rent is payable yearly, at least three months’ rent is more than three months in arrears;
              and for the purpose of this ground “rent” means rent lawfully due from the tenant.
              This means that you will have to rely on discretionary grounds. I.e. it'll be up to the court to decide whether to grant possession.
              If the amount due is still as high as now, IMHO it'll be likely to, but...

Comment

Well spotted jjlandlord - why didn't I notice that?

I agree that possession on ground 10 is likely . . .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X