7 days to return check out inspection or forfeit deposit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brb
    replied
    Sounds like a ploy to pressure T into accepting deductions under the fear of losing the rest!

Leave a comment:

• jjlandlord
    replied
    This is utter and complete rubbish.
    You are not required to sign the check out inventory, even less return it within 7 days.

The requirement is for the landlord to either return your deposit promptly in full or to propose deductions, which he must be able to justify.

Leave a comment:

• 7 days to return check out inspection or forfeit deposit?

Hi,

I've recently moved out of a property and I completed a checking out list. I'm losing about £20 of my deposit which is fair and I agree with the inventory and schedule of condition. I'm about to sign and return it but I noticed this clause at the bottom:

'Please note that due to goverment legislation your deposit will not be returned unless this inventory is checked, signed and returned to us within 7 days of receipt.'

Now this isn't a problem this time as I've got 5 days from the date of the letter still and I can return it recorded tomorrow. However I was wondering, does this hold true with all deposits? is there that tight a deadline for you to return your check out deadline and if so do the normal postal rules apply (served 2 days after sent by first class post)?

It just seems open to abuse to me.

Thanks all.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X