covering letter to court with n5b ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

covering letter to court with n5b ?

hello forum, I am about to file my n5b to court for possesion of my property.my question is although there is not a hearing is it acceptable or allowed to give a covering letter with n5b explaining tenant is 3 months in arrears or would they not be prepared to take it into account.just wondered if anybody has filed n5b with letter. I would be grateful for any advice.many thanks

Arrears have nothing to do with a section 21 possession. If your paperwork is right, you WILL get possession, you don't need the judges sympathy. If the paperwork isn't right then you won't get possession.

FYI you need to send three copies of the n5b with the evidence required and duly marked (plus your £175 fee).

Comment

The Courts, until it reaches the judge, are an administrative machine, so they would not be interested in a covering letter to do with the contents of the case.

They have their forms, and they process the information in the black boxes :-).

If it's your first time, the admin staff might give it a quick lookover if you ask nicely at their window, but that will only be interested in form, not content.

My first one I went in with a single copy and they picked up a couple of bits of procedural fluff.

ML
      Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X