Question about police and section 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The section 21 notice can be sered by anyone on behalf of the landlord.

The court paperwork (form n5 or n5b) can only be issued by the landlord or his solicitor.

In the case of a landlord that is a company, then any of the officers of the company could do so. I am guessing that a trust would be under the same rules, and therefore a trustee of the trust (equivalent of a director) would be in a position to commence proceedings.

Comment

If property is held under a trust the trustee has to commence legal proceedings.
      Disclaimer:

The above represents my own opinion, derived from personal knowledge and should not be relied upon as definitive or accurate advice. It is offered free of charge and may contain errors or omissions or be an inaccurate opinion of the law. I accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relying on the above.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaal View Post
        If property is held under a trust the trustee has to commence legal proceedings.
        Yes, but there may well be multiple trustees - indeed there should be.

Comment

Originally posted by spool View Post
          I wouldn't have thought that just because the church are my landlords it would constitutue the police turning up.....
          Your other post shows harrassment, the church refusing to do repairs, wanting
          you out because you complained, you have recordings that they say they wont
          do repairs, and then they try to harrass you further, in an effort to stop you
          continuing your claim for disrepairs, want to put the "wind" up you by bringing
          a policeman along with their section 21, to intimidate you.

Yes, it does have a bearing on the facts -- in YOUR case.

R.a.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
            Yes, but there may well be multiple trustees - indeed there should be.
            The PCC and Rev are not the trustees but the section 21 was applied for by the Rev for and on behalf of the PCC. No member of the PCC are trustees nor the Rev...

Comment

Originally posted by ram View Post
              Your other post shows harrassment, the church refusing to do repairs, wanting
              you out because you complained, you have recordings that they say they wont
              do repairs, and then they try to harrass you further, in an effort to stop you
              continuing your claim for disrepairs, want to put the "wind" up you by bringing
              a policeman along with their section 21, to intimidate you.

Yes, it does have a bearing on the facts -- in YOUR case.

R.a.M.
              Yes I see where you are coming from now.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X