DPS arbitration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS arbitration

Won most of the things that I claimed but just to make you laugh.
    The tenants gave back two keys one bent and one unusable. So maintenance guy put down two bent keys on his invoice even though in the letter accompanying the invoice it was all explained. Not given because the invoice said one thing and letter said another. Surely common sense would have prevailed, but no, they couldn't see what was being said.

To be fair, "bent key" essentially means that tenant broke it and is therefore liable.
    But "unusable" is unclear and does not imply that the tenant is liable.

Comment

Everything I hear about anti-LL results of adjudication makes me determined never to agree to it (fingers crossed I never have a deposit dispute ever again...), but I know I'll get a fairer result arguing in person with a judge.

Comment

He evan ruled against damage tenants had done to a piece of furniture even though the tenants tried to counterclaim for £20 to fix the damage and said so in their letter. He said condition was not noted in inventory.
        In my letter I had put 1 key bent beyond repair and other one broken, it was the invoice from the maintenance guy that said 2 broken keys and he said because of this he ruled against, come on anyone looking at that would know the tenants damaged the keys and because a workman didn't say the right thing on an invoice, and this guy is a solicitor in his day job and landlords get a bad name

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X