X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section 8 helpful judge !!!

Hey

This is for your information.

I issued a possession claim online 01/12/2011 court date today. I have just returned from the court hearing the tenants failed to show. The judge issued a possession order he was going to give them 14 days and i said can it be quicker as i think they have been in my house long enough for free !! so he said yes and then changed it and gave them 7 days.
    So there are helpful judges out there !!

Nice to know!

Comment

Whats the next step ??

Hi

I have a possession order thats says tenant must be out on monday.

I know that I will have to instruct bailiffs if tenant does not leave.

I have had no communication from the tenants and they did not show at court

My question is should I contact tenant to see if he is leaving to try and be amicable or do I just instruct Bailiff ?

What is the best course of actio to ensure staying within the law ?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by katrinahale View Post
        I have a possession order thats says tenant must be out on monday.
        I know that I will have to instruct bailiffs if tenant does not leave.
        I have had no communication from the tenants and they did not show at court

My question is should I contact tenant to see if he is leaving to try and be amicable or do I just instruct Bailiff ?
        There's certainly no harm in trying - write them a letter explaining that if they leave and return the keys by the date on the possession notice they will avoid the extra expense of the bailiff. I wouldn't hold your breath though!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X