Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCOL template anyone?

Hello,

On the 5th I have to fill out the PCOL system. Section 8 is served over unpaid rent over 8 weeks.

Does anyone know of any templates or examples that can help me fill out the boxes properly? Don't want to leave anything to chance. Or write it in a stupid way which means the court throw it out etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

phil

"8 weeks" is rent reserved weekly or fortnightly?

https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/help/hlp.do
    this may be useful too http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...-advice-please

Comment

She pays weekly and there are over 8 weeks where she hasn't paid,

Comment

Originally posted by philiet View Post
        She pays weekly and there are over 8 weeks where she hasn't paid,
        Is she still in contract, or is she on a periodic tenancy? If the former, does the contract state that you can use section 8, ground 8?

Does she receive housing benefit?

Have you provided a rent book?

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
          Is she still in contract, or is she on a periodic tenancy? If the former, does the contract state that you can use section 8, ground 8?

Does she receive housing benefit?

Have you provided a rent book?
          Yes she still is in contract. And yes it states that we can use section 8 ground 8.

She doesnt recieve benefit.

We did not provide a rent book. All moneies go into my current account.

Comment

Then before you take any further action, you need to provide a rent book - a legal requirement for weekly tenancies.

Hope the links were useful.

Comment

Thank you so much. The links were very useful much appreciated!

So, in regards to the rent book. Shall i fill it in with everything thats been paid so far and send it to her? Will that cover me?

p

Comment

Originally posted by philiet View Post
                Thank you so much. The links were very useful much appreciated!

So, in regards to the rent book. Shall i fill it in with everything thats been paid so far and send it to her? Will that cover me?

p
                Ironically, your only obligation is to provide a rent book. Buy one from WHSmiths or your local stationer and post it to the tenant. Get a proof of posting from the PO to prove you have done so.

Comment

hi guys,

Well she hasn't paid or moved out so im now filling out the PCOL online form.

First thing which has confused me is this:

Unpaid rent should be calculated at *

It says 'Amount Per Day' to the left. Im confused at this. Anyone?

Comment

Ive attached a screen grab of my PCOL. Do you think thats enough?

p

Screen shot 2012-01-05 at 19.39.52.jpg

Comment

For daily rate I would just divide the weekly rate by 7.
                      This is used to calculate the rent owed between the court date and actual possession.
                      Under recovery steps already taken I would try and state the date of each step. You are trying to show you have done everything possible before resorting to court action.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X