Court/ repossession/ Bailiffs will this be logged as an offence ? Blacklisted ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court/ repossession/ Bailiffs will this be logged as an offence ? Blacklisted ?

Am now waiting for the bailiffs date to be evicted after section 21 and possession order, and just wondered would this make me blacklisted in the future?
    I am not in arrears,do not owe any money anywhere and have never been in trouble with the law but was wondering if the repossession/eviction would mean a bad credit rating ?
    Theoldcastle

A s21 (no fault) repo order & subs Bailiff eviction should not adversely impact your credit report but do not expect a positive LL ref

Comment

This is from trust online
      http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...what-are-they/

Most CCJs will appear on the register but there are some that don’t. To be capable of being registered the judgment must either have been issued in default (i.e a judgment without trial where no defence was entered) or else defended and payment is by instalment order or where enforcement action is being taken. (There are other conditions and exemptions and for the full list of criteria please refer to the latest statutory instrument relating to the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines Regulations.)

Here is one of the many threads on the subject;
      http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...rocedure/page3
      and
      http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...a-judgment-CCJ

I have asked different courts the question and have received varying replies.

My personal guess, for what it's worth:
      If a landlord is awarded a County Court Judgement for possession with costs and the tenant does not pay, it does not automatically get entered on the register of CCJ's. A landlord must enforce the costs element by paying further court fees for either;

1. A warrant of execution
      2. An attachment of earnings
      3. Third party debt order
      4. A charging order

In your case, there is no money owing* therefore no entry against you can be made on the register. Once the bailiffs have evicted you the judgement is 'satisfied', as it is within 28 days, no entry is made.

So for most landlords gaining a possession order and thinking it is entered on the register of CCJ's for 6 years, they are labouring under a misconception. Unless they enforce it.

Happy to be proved wrong.

* You state you do not owe any money anywhere. Are you sure your landlord wasn't awarded costs?

Comment

There were court costs which have already been paid by the date on the possession notice.

Comment

Firstly, I appreciate that a section 21 notice is a no-fault notice and that it does technically need a court order to enforce the termination of the tenancy.
          However, I never cease to be surprised at the number of people who do not accept their tenancy terms by ignoring the requirements of a S21, ie leaving as requested. When you sign up to a 6, 12 or longer tenancy, it states that the agreement ends at the end off that period. That is when it ends, simples. If a tenant wishes to stay on beyond that point, it should be by negotiation and mutual agreement.
          There is a subtle difference between legal right and moral right.
          I may be a housing professional but my views, thoughts, opinions, advice, criticisms or otherwise on this board are mine and are not representative of my company, colleagues, managers. I am here as an independent human being who simply wants to learn new stuff, share ideas and interact with like minded people.

Comment

I recently went through the dance of having tenants referenced by an agency and on their tenant questionnaire it prominently asks "have you ever been evicted?". You'll either have to lie or be honest, neither is very desirable. Unless you find a landlord who doesn't put much stock into reference checks, you might find it difficult to rent privately and in the future without lying on such background check forms.

I personally would not rent to tenants who had been evicted in the past.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Extremely anti-social and criminal tenant -Section 8
              BouwensPB
              I have an extremely anti-social and criminal tenant. My neighbours think she is possibly a sex worker and drugs abusing and dealing. She has made a witnessed and CCTV sited assault on one neighbour and has verbally abused others. 3 crimes have been reported and the local authority talk about making...
              26-07-2017, 16:09 PM
            • Reply to Extremely anti-social and criminal tenant -Section 8
              Galatea
              I have experienced far more dificult cases than that from my neighbour's tenants with my front window and my flat door window cracked.

Make an offer she cannot refuse. Carrots work better.

Local Authorities are slow moving because shortage of housing is a problem.
              27-07-2017, 22:25 PM
            • Burglary Damage - Who Pays?
              Pb21
              Our rented flat was broken into, in the process the Yale lock was broken and cost £100 to repair. The landlord is refusing to pay this on the basis we didn’t also lock the door with the mortice lock. We didn’t use the mortice lock as it wasn’t working although the landlord did not know this....
              25-07-2017, 11:40 AM
            • Reply to Burglary Damage - Who Pays?
              Galatea
              Since the Yale was broken it proves the tenants took responsible measures for the security: they locked the door.
              The yale is necessary for security. It is sufficient and safe to use in case of a fire because you could get out quickly operating the lock with the thump ie you don't want to be looking...
              27-07-2017, 22:13 PM
            • One tenant moving out and two remaining - who pays for the checkout/inventory?
              IoIo
              Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)? England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only? Three people all listed as the Tenant under the agreement

Q3 – What date did current...
              26-07-2017, 16:38 PM
            • Reply to One tenant moving out and two remaining - who pays for the checkout/inventory?
              IoIo
              Thank you all for your comments. Very useful, informative and much appreciated.

The tenants are "moving out" on the last day of the current tenancy i.e. at the end of the term. My understanding is that if they're all listed as the "Tenant" then if one gives notice it's...
              27-07-2017, 21:23 PM
            • This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think?
              Berlingogirl
              This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think? Any insights? My ad is on Gumtree.

"Hello, I'm A***** a British America Business man, I have a business project in your area and I'll like to rent your apartment for the period of 6 month and I'll like to know...
              27-07-2017, 13:57 PM
            • Reply to This is a NO isn't it? Seems iffy to me, what do you think?
              Berlingogirl
              I'm trying to , jta, but I think he knows I know....
              27-07-2017, 20:16 PM
              Wright76
              You are also aware you are now liable to pay her a penalty of up three times the deposit value?.

My experience of a drug addict is that they will leave with a financial offering.

Strike a deal taking into account your likely penalty and eviction costs and offer her an amount...
              27-07-2017, 19:10 PM
              theartfullodger
              Check insurance for what you must do knowing what you do....
              27-07-2017, 19:00 PM
            Working...
            X