X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 8 served via online company

Hello all,

I'm new here.

Standard problem. Nightmare tenant, Over 2 months in arrears, leaves rubbish in garden. No communications, changed phones etc.

SO,

I used these guys to issue a Section 8: www.harveyingramonline.co.uk

They sent it by recorded post and she has till the 5th of January to pay up or leave.

She sends me a typical letter saying she's starting a better paid jobs and promising to pay arrears in blocks of 500 over coming months. I've heard it all before.

The tenancy is up in April.

Has anyone experience using this company? The next step seems to involve paying them over 500 quid for the court proceedings. IS this standard price?

How long does it take usually from here?

Cheers

p

Originally posted by philiet View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new here.

Standard problem. Nightmare tenant, Over 2 months in arrears, leaves rubbish in garden. No communications, changed phones etc.

SO,

I used these guys to issue a Section 8: www.harveyingramonline.co.uk

They sent it by recorded post and she has till the 5th of January to pay up or leave.

She sends me a typical letter saying she's starting a better paid jobs and promising to pay arrears in blocks of 500 over coming months. I've heard it all before.

The tenancy is up in April.

Has anyone experience using this company? The next step seems to involve paying them over 500 quid for the court proceedings. IS this standard price?

How long does it take usually from here?

Cheers

p
    That price will include presumably someone to fill in the cort paperwork, the services of a solicitor in court and (hopefully) the £175 court fee. It won't be a fixed price though - many s8 hearings are adjourned etc, and if 2 court hearings happen, the solicitor will need paying twice...

It can be DIYed with lots of help available on this forum. It will cost you £175 (or £100 if you use www.possessionclaim.gov.uk) and you will have to represent yourself in court. This isn't some medieval process, reasonably straightforward, but you need to know your facts.

Whether you DIY or not will not affect the timescales. These are predominantly dependant on the busy-ness of your local court. Lets say the hearing will be 6 weeks after you submit your application. Assuming it is straightforward and possession is granted then the judge will give the tenant at least 2 weeks to vacate - maybe up to 6 weeks. If T does not leave when the judge orders, then you will need to organise bailiffs. This will cost a further £110 (probably more if you get a solicitor to do it) and, as the bailiffs work on an appointment system and do not only do possessions, that may be a further 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      MrShed
      I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
      20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      jpkeates
      Principle 8 - and probably Principle 7 (data is automatically replicated onto insecure devices).

Amazon allows users to control where their data is stored.
      Apple, Microsoft, Dropbox and Google do for their business offerings but not for their personal products.

This sounds...
      21-07-2017, 14:39 PM
    • Renting a flat to a company
      Raiden328i
      In the small block were I live the guy below me in the shop me and my wife rent to him wants one of the flats next door which is now empty. He says he wants to stick his workers in it and I am just wondering how it works or if you can do it seeing as you have to register the deposit etc?
      21-07-2017, 14:02 PM
    • Reply to Renting a flat to a company
      MrShed
      *** UNHELPFUL POST ALERT ***

I've lost track of the number of times I've seen on this forum posts like this. Why would you consider going into business with someone who you dont trust due to previous issues? Walk away.

To answer slightly mroe definitively, you cant have a tenancy...
      21-07-2017, 14:19 PM
      jjlandlord
      The ones I have mentioned all explicitly state that they are compliant with Privacy Shield.

I mean, as said and repeated, if you are a cloud data provider in the EU and a minimum serious then your service complies with EU law...

Beyond that, they cannot check and be responsible...
      21-07-2017, 13:54 PM
      jpkeates
      The only popular (used by real people routinely) cloud supplier who claims compliance is Microsoft for Office 365 storage (since 2014).
      None of the other suppliers, as far as I can find out, claim to be compliant - although it's fudged on most of their "help" pages.

I am...
      A data storage strategy is important because digital storage media are inherently unreliable and all file formats and physical storage media will ultimately become obsolete.
      21-07-2017, 13:44 PM
      jjlandlord
      Read my comments again... Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Privacy Shield has only been mentioned in relation to compliance with current rules.

As said, I'm sure providers will update their operations to comply with the GDPR,...
      21-07-2017, 13:33 PM
      MrShed
      I feel that GDPR is being misunderstood here (which is common).

Privacy Shield is one tick box (of many) towards GDPR compliance. It allows the "transfer" of data outside of the EU jurisdiction.

However, it doesnt (for example) address the needs for the Data Controller...
      21-07-2017, 13:25 PM
      tatemono
      backblaze is one such "serious" provider... and yet it doesn't let you choose....
      21-07-2017, 13:15 PM
      jjlandlord
      It currently allows to send data to the US legally. As said, if your provider either keeps the data in the EU or complies with Privacy Shield then there is no problem.

I have no doubt that storage providers will adapt to the GDPR so as to continue doing business legally in the EU. Landlords...
      21-07-2017, 12:20 PM
    Working...
    X