Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong details, what to do?

Hi
    What would happen if a tenancy agreement was set up and the landlords address was slightly wrong on it ie. it said on it Road instead of Close.
    When then issuing the section 21 and putting correct address on it what would happen or best way around it if there is one.
    Cheers

Originally posted by spare View Post
    What would happen if a tenancy agreement was set up and the landlords address was slightly wrong on it ie. it said on it Road instead of Close.
    When then issuing the section 21 and putting correct address on it what would happen or best way around it if there is one.
    There's no law which says a landlord's home address can't change during the lifetime of a tenancy! So for the avoidance of any doubt, just write a letter to the tenant stating the correct address. Probably best to date and send it before the S21. Then use the correct address on the S21.

Comment

Agree with ETL but also, there is no need for the landlords address on an s21.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenant abandoning property
        Ms London
        What can be done about tenants just leaving the property without notice, nor paying rent before the end of the fixed term AST?

I'm talking about the rented room on AST in London started September last year. I've got no forwarding address and suspect they left abroad. Can I put it in court?...
        05-06-2019, 22:30 PM
      • Reply to Tenant abandoning property
        leaseholder64
        You won't get money from the UK job unless you find out about and request an attachment of earnings. The payment will be subject to affordability....
        19-06-2019, 23:45 PM
        mariner
        T leaving keys in the property does not end the Tenancy, unless you accept them.
        19-06-2019, 23:22 PM
      • Live in landlord
        Schie
        Hi - I have 3 bed house. I have converted one reception into room where I live and I have rented out 3 bedrooms upstairs (2 double bed and 1 single).

I'm thinking of doing loft conversion that's mean 4th bedroom. Do I need hmo license if I do loft conversion?
        19-06-2019, 22:40 PM
      • Reply to Live in landlord
        leaseholder64
        You need an HMO licence even without the conversion, assuming double occupation of at least one double bedroom. This assumes there is no selective licensing for smaller HMOs.

You need to obey HMO regulations, even if there are only 4 residents, in total.
        19-06-2019, 23:14 PM
      • Council tax issue
        buttons
        I served a section 21 notice which ended on 2nd June on a tenant. The reason was the tenant had not claimed their housing benefit. They finally got this sorted and I got paid in April then again in May. I went to the house on 22 May, the tenant was just going into the house, the first time I had seen...
        19-06-2019, 22:39 PM
      • Reply to Council tax issue
        scampicat
        I had a similar problem with a tenant. I had to provide a tenancy agreement with a note written by me explaining that the tenancy was relinquishd early, by mutual agreement. I gave the date that she was responsible for the tenancy for (which was a month later than she said). A couple of months later...
        19-06-2019, 22:49 PM
      • 1st time landlord, 'enthusiastic' estate agent, questionable tenants.
        daz87
        All,

First time landlord that is moving with work and renting out home.

Perspective tenants, working couple one on maternity, a number of children who are keen for longer tenancy agreement than 6 months due to schools and settling in.

They have a guarantor,...
        19-06-2019, 14:59 PM
      • Reply to 1st time landlord, 'enthusiastic' estate agent, questionable tenants.
        2006holly
        Walk away from them, there’ll be plenty more potential tenants.
        letting agent I engaged agreed to let my flat without giving me all the info on the tenant. It’s been a nightmare of constant late payments, so many lies by agents that are still coming to light, tenants income wasn’t verified,...
        19-06-2019, 22:22 PM
        Ms London
        so the picture of an empty room with the keys on the table is good enough as evidence?
        And I'll take it to the court but if they've got a job in Ireland, not in the UK, I'll not get my rent back? And if they do get a job in the UK, automatically they will be made to pay me the rent that they owe?...
        19-06-2019, 20:39 PM
      Working...
      X