Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong details, what to do?

Hi
    What would happen if a tenancy agreement was set up and the landlords address was slightly wrong on it ie. it said on it Road instead of Close.
    When then issuing the section 21 and putting correct address on it what would happen or best way around it if there is one.
    Cheers

Originally posted by spare View Post
    What would happen if a tenancy agreement was set up and the landlords address was slightly wrong on it ie. it said on it Road instead of Close.
    When then issuing the section 21 and putting correct address on it what would happen or best way around it if there is one.
    There's no law which says a landlord's home address can't change during the lifetime of a tenancy! So for the avoidance of any doubt, just write a letter to the tenant stating the correct address. Probably best to date and send it before the S21. Then use the correct address on the S21.

Comment

Agree with ETL but also, there is no need for the landlords address on an s21.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Sole tenancy when moving in with partner
        miemie
        Hi,

I've had a search through and found some similar questions, but none that quite cover everything I want to know. My current tenancy (sole tenancy) is now on a rolling basis and I'm looking to move into a new property with my partner. I will pass all referencing checks etc but it's unlikely...
        16-10-2019, 15:01 PM
      • Reply to Sole tenancy when moving in with partner
        MdeB
        Then if it were me and I were satidfied with your financial position, then I would put you both on the tenancy: more-certain legal position regarding occupiers, and I could chase you for money if necessary....
        17-10-2019, 18:42 PM
      • Deductions from tenancy deposit
        nick_noal
        Hi folks,

I have just had a tenant move out of one of my properties and I have conducted the move out inspection. There is no major damage in the property and everything is in working condition. However the tenant has a young child and the decorative order of the property has been affected...
        16-10-2019, 20:13 PM
      • Reply to Deductions from tenancy deposit
        MdeB
        is damage imo, not wear and tear.

may or may not be fair wear and tear....
        17-10-2019, 18:30 PM
      • Does deposit cover rent?
        Lawcruncher
        A tenancy agreement contains the following provision:

The landlord may make reasonable deductions from the deposit for any damage or costs incurred, or as provision for unsettled bills

Does that cover rent? I do not think it does since rent is not any of damage, costs or an...
        16-10-2019, 21:50 PM
      • Reply to Does deposit cover rent?
        MdeB
        That is probably meaningless for ASTs now that there is mandatory deposit protection....
        17-10-2019, 18:23 PM
      • Change in offer letter conditions
        Amnesiac
        Hi all

I signed an offer letter in order for the agency to submit my offer to the landlord of a property on the market for renting.

The offer letter states that the deposit will be protected under the agency's membership of the deposit scheme.
        I have now received a communication...
        17-10-2019, 17:28 PM
      • Reply to Change in offer letter conditions
        nukecad
        There seems to be 2 different deposits here.

The tenancy deposit is to cover any damage to the property at the end of the tenancy and has to be protected by law, and it is to your advantage if that is done by the LL rather by the agent. (For various reasons).

Any holding deposit...
        17-10-2019, 18:18 PM
      • Reply to Change in offer letter conditions
        Jon66
        No I don't think that's right unless there is evidence to suggest the landlord is not going to protect the deposit. It is possible he favours a scheme the letting agents don't use and so he does the admin protection himself. Is it materially changing the terms of the contract? I'm not sure it is, although...
        17-10-2019, 18:02 PM
      • tenant with 3 kids
        abc777uu
        Hi,
        My current tenant has 2 kids and living in my 2 bed flat.
        the kids are a 5 years old girl and a 6 months old baby boy.
        recently, I came to know that the tenant’s wife is pregnant.
        by law, can they stay in 2 bed flat with 3 kids?

Please advise.
        Thanks...
        16-10-2019, 14:10 PM
      Working...
      X