caravan being used in garden as an extra room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caravan being used in garden as an extra room

My niece is renting out her back bedroom to myself and husband. we are doing this under the rent room scheme. And we have a caravan that we would like to put in her garden for storage. Would we be able to use this during the day as a 'escape'. Just to give us privacy. It will not be plumbed in it will have electrics. My husband will need to use it for study and i would like to have our own space in the evenings.

If we are still sleeping, showering and using her facilities is this allowed or would she need permission?

Originally posted by suzy2009 View Post
    If we are still sleeping, showering and using her facilities is this allowed or would she need permission?
    From who?ooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

I believe planning permission would be required - but the local council will confirm.

Comment

I am not sure why I found this post interesting enough to research but a google search turned up this page

http://www.selfbuildtimberframe.com/...anning-details

with reference to an act of Parliament as follows: -

The law regarding planning permission for mobile homes in the garden is stated in the 'Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960'in the 'First Schedule Cases where a Caravan Site Licence is not required' point 1 'Use within curtilage of a dwellinghouse' it states...

1. Use within curtilage of a dwellinghouse
        A site licence shall not be required for the use of land as a caravan site if the use is incidental to the enjoyment as such of a dwellinghouse within the curtilage of which the land is situated.
        [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
          From who?ooooooooooooooooooo
          Planning permission. Or council.
          Thanks mr johnnyb very useful. That's what I thought!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X