Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation of section 21 and 8 dates

Hi,
    6 month AST started 8th of August 2011 can someone please confirm the dates that should be on sec 21 and sec 8 notices and when they should be served?

I have done the following please tell me if it is correct,

Section 21,(21(1)(b) was served on 29th November with a date of expiry 7th of Feb 2012

Section 8 was served today as he is now 2 months in arrears and was dated the 8th of December where the landlord signs should that of been dated 9th of December?

The grounds are 8,10,and 11.

Thanks

section 21 is fine so long as it says "after 7th Feb" as you can't claim ON the 7th Feb as that is still within the fixed term.

Dates aren't such an issue for section 8 - you just can't commence the court process until after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by grafto View Post
      Hi,
      6 month AST started 8th of August 2011 can someone please confirm the dates that should be on sec 21 and sec 8 notices and when they should be served?

I have done the following please tell me if it is correct,

Section 21,(21(1)(b) was served on 29th November with a date of expiry 7th of Feb 2012

It should say after 7th February 2012

Section 8 was served today as he is now 2 months in arrears and was dated the 8th of December where the landlord signs should that of been dated 9th of December?

The important date is when it can be considered served, allow 14 days from then

The grounds are 8,10,and 11.

Thanks
      Hope that helps
      I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
        section 21 is fine so long as it says "after 7th Feb" as you can't claim ON the 7th Feb as that is still within the fixed term.

Dates aren't such an issue for section 8 - you just can't commence the court process until after Christmas.
        Section 21 actualy says Date of expiry of this notice 7th February 2012
        We require you to vacate the property on or before this date.

This was done by my letting agent if it is wrong when can i issue him with another?

Thanks

Comment

Since you are still in the fixed term you can issue another one immediately, but it must give a full 2 months notice, because it is a S21(1)(b) it is not bound by the expiry date of the tenancy, so if you send it tomorrow on the 9th, allow two days for delivery and service and make the date After 12th February 2012.

Ps. Send two copies from different post offices and get proof of postage from each, do not use a 'signed for' service.
          Last edited by jta; 09-12-2011, 18:40 PM. Reason: Ps

Comment

Originally posted by grafto View Post
            Section 21 actualy says Date of expiry of this notice 7th February 2012
            We require you to vacate the property on or before this date.

This was done by my letting agent if it is wrong when can i issue him with another?

Thanks
            Sack your letting agent.

Re-serve a new s21(1)(b) and ensure it gives at least 2 months notice.

Yours is wrong without the word "after", because you are applying to seek possession during the tenancy. There is no absolute need for this new one to have the word 'after' as it will end after the end of the fixed term, however, the same wording is always required on s21(4)(a) notices so it is best to get into the habit of doing so.

Fortunately, you asked the question at a time when this 'error' will not delay isues by much.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
              Sack your letting agent.

Re-serve a new s21(1)(b) and ensure it gives at least 2 months notice.

Yours is wrong without the word "after", because you are applying to seek possession during the tenancy. There is no absolute need for this new one to have the word 'after' as it will end after the end of the fixed term, however, the same wording is always required on s21(4)(a) notices so it is best to get into the habit of doing so.

Fortunately, you asked the question at a time when this 'error' will not delay isues by much.
              Thanks for your help,will be on phone in the morning to agent.

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
                Since you are still in the fixed term you can issue another one immediately, but it must give a full 2 months notice, because it is a S21(1)(b) it is not bound by the expiry date of the tenancy, so if you send it tomorrow on the 9th, allow two days for delivery and service and make the date After 12th February 2012.

Ps. Send two copies from different post offices and get proof of postage from each, do not use a 'signed for' service.
                Thanks for that

Comment

A new s21 served today will expire 10th Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                    A new s21 served today will expire 10th Feb.
                    I'm allowing time for postal service. Keep up.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                      JP23
                      Why must we continuously renew our deposit with the scheme each time we re-sign our AST i.e. every 12 months?

Why can the deposit not remain protected throughout the duration of the overall tenant occupation?

Is our landlord acting in questionable faith by asking us to pay...
                      23-07-2017, 04:18 AM
                    • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                      Lvkn
                      Hello
                      i am a landlord and have insurance based deposit protection (I hold the deposit in segregated client account and register it with My Deposits) every time a new contract is drawn up we have to pay £48. If a tenancy is renewed, we pay £48. If someone moves out of one of our multiple tenant...
                      23-07-2017, 20:27 PM
                    • Excessive estate agent fees
                      Cml241
                      I have a property which I started renting out via an agency. When the contract started, they found new tenants, did the relevant checks etc and charged an upfront fee which equates to approx one month's rent. As one year has almost passed, the agent has approached me asking if I want them to 'renegotiate'...
                      21-07-2017, 16:26 PM
                    • Reply to Excessive estate agent fees
                      Wright76
                      If you have no ongoing contract with the agent and it was "find" only, they have no right to force you into a new AST.

Depending on the terms of your contract there's nothing to prevent you, if your feeling confident, in renewing the contract yourself and taking over.
                      23-07-2017, 19:11 PM
                    • Reply to Landlord asks that T to pay deposit protection charge each time we renew AST
                      jjlandlord
                      Fees for 'renewing' will not be in the tenancy agreement because they are not fees of the tenancy and are freely negiotiated.

The landlord should simply charge an admin fee to renew and set it to include all his costs...
                      23-07-2017, 19:02 PM
                    • Structuring a deal - Purchase Option/Overage Agreement?
                      pdmalik
                      Hello,

There is a derelict property with good potential in my area. The owner tried to sell it in a local auction few years back and did not get what he wanted (actually did but got greedy). Now he can even sell it for cheaper than what he was getting in the auction. Property has good potential...
                      23-07-2017, 16:52 PM
                    • Reply to Structuring a deal - Purchase Option/Overage Agreement?
                      mariner
                      Make the owner an offer to purchase.
                      23-07-2017, 18:46 PM
                      Wright76
                      There is no charge and it doesn't need reprotecting if it's in a custodial scheme. If it's in an insurance based scheme then landlord is holding it and can be claiming interest on it, it's therefore very cheeky but not illegal to pass the cost onto you.

Ask him if he can use a custodial...
                      23-07-2017, 18:45 PM
                      KTC
                      Yes, but if we're talking renewal, then it'll inevitably be in it.

Is it insured or custodial. Insured, meh. Custodial, wholly unreasonable....
                      23-07-2017, 18:33 PM
                    • Deposit at the end of AST. Also, quiet enjoyment.
                      scooter08
                      Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
                      England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
                      AST

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
                      12/04/2015
                      21-07-2017, 15:06 PM
                    Working...
                    X