X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Originally posted by Nutrance View Post
    Surely a Large Estate agents would know!
    Go and have a read of the "Lettings Agents Forum" for an education about lettings agents.

Leave a comment:

• Nutrance
    replied
    Surely a Large Estate agents would know! But then again......

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    The letting agent could have told me what i had to pay though lol..
    What makes you think they know how to calculate the right amount?

The good news is that you were only out by £7.

Leave a comment:

• Nutrance
    replied
    Yeah i thought so.....I took as a month not the whole year figure etc... The letting agent could have told me what i had to pay though lol..

Thanks though ill ring them tomorrow, being as they havent contacted me yet to say i owe them some money!

Last edited by Nutrance; 06-12-2011, 20:32 PM. Reason: bad grammar!

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    You'd be better off deciding the inconvenience was in February, then on the basis of your logic that would be only £253:15 .. ((550*12*14)/365).,...

Leave a comment:

• Ericthelobster
    replied
    [...]
    18.08 x 30 = 542.3 (30 days in November)

18.08 x 14 = 253.12 (the two weeks i get free)

542.3 - 253.12 = 289.18 Which is how much i paid.
    No your method is fundamentally wrong, in the sense that it is based around you paying a different amount for the calendar month of November (£542.30) than the actual amount (£550.00).

Leave a comment:

• Nutrance
    replied
    How i worked it out

Well I did it like this (rounded).....

550 x 12 = 6600 Annual rate after 12 payments

6600/365 = 18.08 Daily rate.

18.08 x 30 = 542.3 (30 days in November)

18.08 x 14 = 253.12 (the two weeks i get free)

542.3 - 253.12 = 289.18 Which is how much i paid.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Ill let you know what i paid when you give me the answer
    So how much did you pay?, and how much did you think you should have paid?

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    £296.15384615384615384615384615385 (Roughly)

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    Ha ha, when I was a kid I was once encouraged to be an accountant, good job I didn't take it up as the country would have been bankrupt a lot earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Mug
    replied
    Hi would you mind telling me how you worked it out?
    £550 - £(((550 x 12) / 365) x 14)

£550 - £253.15 = £296.85

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    £550 x 12 months divided 52 weeks x 2 weeks = £ 253.84

So 550-253.84 = £ 296.16 rent to be paid. ( Not 253 )

Question was how much monthly rent do I have to pay, and not how
    much is 2 weeks rent.

Typical exam question, !

Leave a comment:

• PaulF
    replied
    I think this was a tongue-in-cheek reply as you can work it out for yourself. You've got 10 fingers and 10 toes should you need them. Are you really that dim? It's so easy I am laughing.

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    Hmm! I make it 253.16.

Leave a comment:

• Nutrance
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
    £296.85 ......
    Hi would you mind telling me how you worked it out?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Mandating Wifi
    by spicelord
    Nice idea on using a MIFI as it gets around the whole issue of needing access to their wifi in the first place to connect to the smart devices. But then some tenants may also want to get the alerts, which is fine as long as the MIFI device is locked down and can't be used to access the internet for...
    24-06-2021, 20:58 PM
  • Mandating Wifi
    by spicelord
    Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before. I'm renovating following a huge fire in the property and I'm additionally going to install Google Nest Smoke alarms to send a remote alert to my phone as well as ring an alarm for any occupants. Unfortunately this needs wifi which is the responsibility...
    24-06-2021, 01:40 AM
  • Reply to Roof Problems
    by Hudson01
    Given your LL appears to have employed total Muppets he should be moving you out until the job is done, his LL insurance should have cover for alternative accommodation.
    24-06-2021, 20:04 PM
  • Roof Problems
    by Gary_236
    Been a tenant in my flat for 7 years. Been a great tenant, always pay rent on time. No issues at all. I like the location, it's close to my friends, so everything is fine. The property is a house split into 4 flats. I am top floor flat. New landlord bought property last summer. I started to get a leak...
    24-06-2021, 18:17 PM
  • Reply to Should I tell my landlord?
    by Hudson01
    I have seen this exact situation in my job....... look to move, it will not be resolved. The flats i dealt with were purpose built so you would have expected the correct amount of sound separation, in your situation that will not even be there, you will go round in circles, have lots of stress and probably...
    24-06-2021, 19:49 PM
  • Should I tell my landlord?
    by Bee82
    Hi all, new to the forum! I’m just after some advice as to whether I should inform my landlord about a situation with my neighbours. Just for reference, I am renting a ground floor flat that was previously a house and is now two flats. As it’s an old building the walls are paper thin so it can get...
    24-06-2021, 18:02 PM
  • Reply to Should I tell my landlord?
    by Section20z
    Yeah, why not ? I would want to know about something impacting on my investment. I hope you reach some solution...
    24-06-2021, 18:32 PM
  • Reply to Tenant . log burner to replace open fire or electric night storage heater . Costs
    by patrick27
    No way I would replace or install a solid fuel appliance, way too dangerous and not environmentally friendly. Get some real nice ones on YouTube, that’s what I use at Christmas on TV…has everything…tree, gifts, fire even stockings. Just the job.
    24-06-2021, 17:52 PM
  • Tenant . log burner to replace open fire or electric night storage heater . Costs
    by AnthonyNorris
    Good afternoon.

I have a tenant at a house for 5 years now and had the chimney outside stack removed in March this year. Prior to this it was an open fire.

am I supposed to replace this with a log burner as it’s very costly for the installation, flue and liner and it’s...
    23-06-2021, 12:03 PM
  • Reply to Mandating Wifi
    by nukecad
    You can manually put them on different wifi chanels to prevent that.

Modern routers can work that out for themselves and set to a less used channel if needed, may take them a week or so to monitor who is using what channels and adjust....
    24-06-2021, 16:44 PM
Working...
X