Monthly contract for renting to contractors

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monthly contract for renting to contractors

    We were wondering what the situation is if we want to rent out a flat to someone who is working away from home for a month or 2 at a time.
    We wouldn't want to arrange a short term assured tenancy agreement as it will be for less than 6 months so what contract do we use?
    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    AST can be 1 day - but section 21 not usable for 6 months from start date.

    Could write AST with rent of (say) £1k 1st 2 months then £3k....
    I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


    • #3
      We often rent to contractors with the fixed term of the AST less than 6 months. It just means you can't use S21 before 6 months is up. It doesn't usually cause a problem, but the nature of their work means they often have to re-locate with very short notice.


      • #4
        Also if Ts are working 'away from home' for 1-2 months, check your Buildings Ins which may be voided if property is left empty for more than 3 weeks.


        • #5
          Thats helpful to know, thankyou.
          Just wondering what is the situation with holiday letting then?


          Latest Activity