Family rent for free to me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family rent for free to me!

My family has recently bought a flat and allow to let me stay for free. I will pay for utilities. As I am a full time student and will be the only person staying in the flat, how do I request for council tax waiver when there is no tenancy contract? Also, is my family allowed to let me stay for free with no income?

Originally posted by Violeve View Post
    As I am a full time student and will be the only person staying in the flat, how do I request for council tax waiver when there is no tenancy contract?
    A tenancy agreement is not a prerequisite for paying council tax (eg I don't have one as I own my house). I assume you'll need proof of your student status, though.
    Originally posted by Violeve View Post
    is my family allowed to let me stay for free with no income?
    What do you mean - do you think there should be a law forcing you to pay them rent, or something?!

Comment

Many councils in student areas have a list of students on full time courses eligible for c.t exemption. If not, get a letter from your college/university.
      As Eric said, you don't need a tenancy agreement.

Comment

oh to be young again eh.

I'm almost jealous LOL

Have fun, learn lots and make the most of it (but do try and eat properly, I vaguely remember instant mash potato and pot-noodle sandwiches haha).

(as the others have said, as full-time student you are CT exempt. Ask your college for a cert to send to council).
        I'm a good tenant with great landlords
        I'm also a living, breathing, fully cooked female.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X