NO WIN NO FEE SOLICITOR required for criminal damage

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NO WIN NO FEE SOLICITOR required for criminal damage

    I need to take a group of students and guarantors to court since they are not paying the costs of criminal damage done to a flat. Does anyone know of a solicitor in liverpool who can do a "no win no fee" agreement.Thanks.

  • #2
    Firstly forget taking people to court for 'criminal damage'. That is a crime and unless you plan on bringing a private prosecution (very unwise) is only pursued by the State.

    So you would be suing the tenants for breach of their tenancy agreement. You are highly unlikely to find a solicitor willing to do a no win, no fee deal. If you wish for legal assistance you will have to pay. Some of the people on this board may be willing to give you some pointers if you provide more details about the tenancy and the damage caused.

    The above represents my own opinion, derived from personal knowledge and should not be relied upon as definitive or accurate advice. It is offered free of charge and may contain errors or omissions or be an inaccurate opinion of the law. I accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relying on the above.


    • #3
      A recent criminal damage case here;

      A tenant who ran off after smashing up his rental home and leaving £20,000 of damage has been given an 18-month community order and 300 hours of unpaid work.

      Davis, who was arrested after police traced him to a new address near Glasgow, pleaded guilty to criminal damage before being sentenced.

      Judge Crowson said: “I did wonder whether I was going to have to lock you up. You have admitted some quite unpleasant damage – spiteful, really.


      • #4
        If you've got a crime reference number, then claim for the damage from your insurance company.


        Latest Activity