Court costs from Tenent?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Court costs from Tenent?

    Have two queries, but will ask one today.

    My tenant was served a form N5B (Claim form for possession of property) by the county court, after refusing to leave property following Section 21 notice.

    The court judgement stated tenant should

    a) leave property by X date
    b) pay court costs

    She left property by X date, but HASN'T PAID court costs.

    She hasn't complied with the judgement, what options are available now?
    Does this involve another visit to to court to let them know?

    Grateful for any pointers. Many thanks.

    Just be glad she moved out without you having to shell out for the bailiff as well

    Sadly chasing the court costs will involve more expense!!


      It may not be economically viable to persue tenant for costs to be honest.
      [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]


        Can judgement be obtained from the court for costs without having to instigage further action? I realise L is unlikely to recover the costs but it would be something if T were to have a CCJ against their name.
        The advice I give should not be construed as a definitive answer, and is without prejudice or liability. You are advised to consult a specialist solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.


          This article gives you the options

          They will all cost £100 each, which will be added onto the £175(?) that the tenant owes you.


          Latest Activity