Clerical errors in Agreement and signature formalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regard to the question about signing every page of a tenancy agreement, I once witnessed an agent remove a number of pages from a signed tenancy agreement and replace them with new versions. The reason was because the agreement was badly worded and the new version removed some ambiguity. One week later, I took my business away from this agent. The legal argument about signing each page, I am unaware of but I do know that a police statement requires each page to be signed in a position to preclude any further writing being added.

Comment

With regard to signing each page, both the tenant and I inital and date each page of both copies of the tenancy agreement, as its a loose leaf document this prevents either party altering it. I have always done this as it was done as best practice at a housing association i used to work for.

Comment

Teacher

Is that how you spell surfice?

Comment

It's neither surfice or surrfice, silly !!! suffice to say you both got it wrong !

Originally posted by DamianG View Post
          Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Originally posted by DamianG View Post
            Just because you teach children, it doesn’t mean that you have to be an expert speller! I do not teach "written work", nor do I teach "main stream" children. Geeze !! I really thought this forum was for asking about rental properties, not about trying to show people up on their spelling and grammar, or what they do for a living. Please read the post for the content not the spelling, and get a life.
            I am here because I am inexperienced and want to learn.

Comment

Boredbird, please don't take things so personally,and understand that posters on the board are - like you - just regular human beings. If they happen to notice something that tickles their sense of humour then they might well comment on it. That doesn't mean they are having a go at you or at anyone. And if you are after their reasoned opinions you might not want to tell them to "get a life" or you're likely to find that's just what they'll do and your questions will go unanswered.

Now, back to your original question, here's my two-penn'orth:

Originally posted by boredbird View Post
              Hello I wonder if you clever people can help me with a few questions please.

1. If there is a spelling mistakes on the address of the tenancy and section 21 i.e. the road name was Basses Road and it was spelt Basse Road with the correct postal code on both. Would this invalidate either the tenancy or section 21, if they were needed in court? Highly unlikely.
              2. Also the tenancy and section 21 were signed and the time put by the signature, both documents had same time. What consequence would this have? In my view, as long as the S21 is not timed BEFORE the tenancy, there shouldn't be a problem. But if there's a worry about it, the most sensible course would be to issue another one, just to be certain.
              3. Does every page of a tenancy agreement have to be initialled by all tenants and the letting agent, and also every page dated? No requirement I've ever read. Best course of action is for both Landlord and Tenant to have a copy, then one party can't alter it without the other party having something to come back at them with.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X