Section 21 Notice is this correct? Urgent help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 Notice is this correct? Urgent help please.

Hi All,

I just wanted to check with someone who is more experienced then me on this, here's the situation.

Periodic tenancy paid monthly

Rent date 1st of each month.

If I were to serve notice today ie. 2/11.2011 am I correct to put on the notice the expiry date of 31/01/2012? Or have completely calculated this all wrong?

You are correct. Your notice must include a full month of the tenancy period.

That is assuming the period runs from the 1st to the last day of the month in the agreement, the rental due date may be different to this.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

As JTA says, the key date is 'the last day of the tenancy period', not the rent day.

Also, the date must be expressed as 'after 31st January 2011'.

If you want verification....

When did the last tenancy agreement begin?
      How long was it for / was there an end date?
      Did the tenant pay a Deposit / is it protected?
      Is this a HMO? Do you have/require a license?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• compensation for no heating or hot water for 2 weeks in winter?
        by Aps
        Hi, the boiler packed up last Sunday night. I acted immediately and got an electrician to check it out on Monday, plumber to check on Tuesday AND the boiler manufacturer went today. The tenants have been wothout heating and hot water for 1 week and it will take probably another week to receive the new...
        24-01-2022, 17:24 PM
      • Reply to Tenant in situ
        by jpucng62
        What about getting them to surrender existing tenancy and then signing a new one? Would that work?...
        24-01-2022, 16:52 PM
      • Tenant in situ
        by Bridge2020
        I’m looking at buying another property to rent out. The one I’m looking at has a tenant in situ. I have seen a copy of the AST and payments to the agents.
        Anyone have any experience of this please ?...
        20-01-2022, 08:29 AM
      • Trying to end tenancy early
        by asez
        Hello,

I'm trying to end my tenancy early due to a relationship breakdown with my housemate, hostility, bullying and my items going missing. There's currently four of us on the agreement which I'm trying to leave. I haven't lived there, apart from around 15 days(when the housemate was away)...
        24-01-2022, 16:47 PM
      • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
        by theartfullodger
        a) so the mobile home does not provide the (very) basic facilities that any tenant or judge would expect for a dwelling....
        b) Agree with jpk: Should it get to court (which is when the issue matters..) can;t see any judge deciding it's anything but a tenancy & you the landlord er... not at...
        24-01-2022, 16:26 PM
      • Rent a Room scheme
        by lgr001
        I have a mobile home next to my property. Do I qualify for the rent a room scheme if I rent out the mobile home but the occupant must use the shower and washing facilities in my house i.e. so that the mobile home is not a separate unit of accommodation? There is a provision by the council that it...
        24-01-2022, 14:25 PM
      • Reply to Tenant in situ
        by jpkeates
        It's almost impossible to reset the tenancy with a new agreement.
        The buyer will inherit the previous tenancy at the same point that they're able to let the property on the new agreement, so any new tenancy is going to be a follow on tenancy.
        So things that need to be done at the very start...
        24-01-2022, 14:57 PM
      • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
        by jpkeates
        You're really going to struggle with that not being a tenancy.
        If the tenant can lock the door to exclude you, and they could wash in a sink, that's likely to be a dwelling house.
        24-01-2022, 14:52 PM
      • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
        by AVJ113
        Yep, that's exactly what has happened....
        24-01-2022, 14:12 PM
      • Regulated Tenancy
        by AVJ113
        I have a basic understanding of regulated tenancy. I'm looking to buy a property with a tenant in situ on a regulated tenancy. In the real world, what are the pros and cons? Is there anyone with any experience?
        24-01-2022, 13:38 PM
      Working...
      X