X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help new business

Hi All

Wanted to pick your brains.

My partner & I are looking to start a cleaning business soley dedicated to rentals/new builds etc - we have know idea where to start with price structures etc so need some input from everyone

I remember back to when I was in a rental, and what the agents cleaners idea of cleaning was - disagreed highly with mine and had to clean the whole flat from top to bottom.

So please help us out with any ideas on the pricing you have been charged etc.

Many thanks

Georgina & Andy

MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS DUPLICATE THREAD

Replies are best given in only to the following link:-Help new business
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to solicitors fees
      by ash72
      It is a tad high, unless you get a breakdown of the costs it's just people speculating, as it could be Letters to the T, they could have tried mediation. Most important thing is you've got the property back and your out of the game. Just make sure you CCJ put against the T (you can do it yourself M...
      30-07-2021, 10:14 AM
    • solicitors fees
      by rob1648
      Hi all , finally managed to get my tenant evicted after 18 months of hell using high court bailiffs , house now sold so happy days, we tried initially to do the section 21ourselves but made mistakes which citizens advice happily pointed out to our tenant so we decided to use a solicitor to act for us...
      29-07-2021, 15:19 PM
      by KTC
      Probably £160 + VAT per hour. Still like 47 hours though.

+1

An hour initial meeting, half an hour for the s21, a few hours for the claims paperwork, and total a few hours warrants etc. Ten hours, fifteen maybe we say?...
      30-07-2021, 10:02 AM
      by jpucng62
      They have to reread the paperwork every time the pick it up because things take so long & they forget what the case is about!!...
      30-07-2021, 09:51 AM
    • Reply to Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
      by jpucng62
      Pay as you go meters will not reduce the value of the property and some tenants like them as it helps them to budget.

When one is fitted to a property any credit added to it (usually now done online) will partly put credit on for usage and will partly pay off the debt. If you or your next...
      30-07-2021, 09:50 AM
    • Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
      by nreid
      My tenant was evicted back in April of this year after a lengthy period.
      Besides this trauma, the problems continue.

My new agent has emptied the letterbox and found a number of concerning items. One is the matter of a court summons for unpaid council tax. I have since taken over...
      29-07-2021, 20:21 PM
    • Reply to Section 17 notice on tenant that has disappeared (no new address)
      by jpkeates
      I'd accept the situation, accept the tenant's surrender and move on.

I think you need to understand the landlord's role a little better if you are going to continue in the business.
      Section 17 doesn't sound like the route for recovering your money, and you'd be better off with nothing...
      30-07-2021, 08:18 AM
    • Section 17 notice on tenant that has disappeared (no new address)
      by eshroom
      I had a tenant recently give me 2 days notice of leaving half through his tenancy.

I explained I was happy to work with him but I'd at least require rent paid until I found a new tenant to replace him.

He'd previously been a good tenant of almost 3 years, during which time...
      27-07-2021, 07:56 AM
    • Reply to Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
      by jpkeates
      What makes you a tenant is paying rent for exclusive occupation of a residential property. Which could be a room in a shared house.

In an HMO, the landlord is responsible for council tax (which might be the ultimate landlord in this case - i.e. the person your landlord is renting from)....
      30-07-2021, 08:15 AM
    • Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
      by Yasmenaax
      Hi there,

I moved into a property 2-3 months ago which was subletted to me by a girl named on the main tenancy contract of the property. I handed over a deposit (which is currently unprotected) and have paid rent on time. She today decided to give me notice to leave, giving me only 2 weeks...
      29-07-2021, 02:19 AM
    Working...
    X