Student AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student AST

I am just prepaing the AST for my first student rental. Apart from allowing access for prospective tenants to view with notice, is there anything else that would be wise to include?

Also the AST is until end of Sept, one of the tenants says he might work away during the summer. I am happy to let him pay half rent for the two months during summer, if he is coming back next year. How would I phrase that on the AST as the majority of the tenants are happy to stay during the summer. On the lease I have put for 10 months, could I put something in the additional provisions section or would that not hold water??

Any experience in this would be gratefully received.

Is it essential that you put in the AST that those two months would be at half rent meaning - is the tenant insisting upon it as part of the agreement?

If it isn't, then I would wait and see how they turned out as tenants first before giving away money. Then if you feel you want to be generous, you could do it as a one-off gesture of goodwill.
    Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X