Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit issue after left the property

Hi,

I stayed for 14 months and left the property recently. My landlord was happy about the property when I checked out and she said the deposit would be credited in my bank account with in a week. I have asked about my deposit as I haven't heard anything from my LL. Now she has come up with few issues in the property, I think she wanted to take some amount from my deposit however she hasn't mentioned about the amount.

Can LL report the issues after (couple of days) tenant left the property? My deposit is protected in an approved scheme just 2 months back as LL wanted to serve sec 21 notice to me and also served. Is it advisable to negotiate with the LL or can I open dispute where my deposit is protected?

Thanks

Try negotiating first. If you can't come to an arrangement that you are both happy with then you will need to open a dispute with the deposit scheme.

If you ask for their arbitration, the landlord doesn't have to agree, so you may end up having to sue.

If you can negotiate - do - it will get you your money back quicker and be less hassle.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Previous tenant paid last gas bill based on wrong estimated reading by gas company
      by jpucng62
      I think the company has an obligation to get an actual meter reading at least every 2 years - during covid they accepted photos in place of sending in a meter reader - you could try getting them to accept at least some of the blame.
      20-01-2022, 15:25 PM
    • Reply to Tenant would like loft conversion - dilemma
      by Hudson01
      To agree with the above comments, i would not do it. If your tenant came along with a whole load of other builders quoting for the same job then what are the chances you would pick him as being the very best bet ? Just because his is your tenant does not make him the ideal choice..... if anything it...
      20-01-2022, 15:24 PM
    • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
      by jpucng62
      Also consider the date of the EPC - the assessment has change a lot since they came in 10 years ago and and old assessment may be out by quite a lot of points or may have had work done that is not reflected in the EPC.

I had a house lose 10 points in 10 years without anything else chan...
      20-01-2022, 15:22 PM
      by jpucng62
      Some upgrades are easy - LED light bulbs, loft insulation; others much more tricky - floor insulation; party wall insulation; some are just very expensive - external wall insulation.

The EPC assessment is not fit for purpose so it is really tricky to know what to do. What I wouldn't do...
      20-01-2022, 15:20 PM
    • Section 21 superseded new Section 21 - Landlord Vs Tenant 1 Vs Tenant 2
      by propster717
      Hi all,

I would be grateful for any advice:

I'm a landlord as follows:

AST - commenced 12/04/2021
      6 month fixed term, now contractual periodic (has not been renewed).
      Tenant 1
      Tenant 2
      (No children)
      Guarantor (relation of Tenant 1)...
      20-01-2022, 15:12 PM
    • Reply to Ending of a tenancy
      by Jon66
      I don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but I do not wait for tenants to move out before marketing the property, and I sign the new tenancy agreement providing the current tenant has not attempted to rescind the notice/everything seems to point to them leaving, when they said they would. A 6 week...
      20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
      by jpucng62
      The last 20 years may have been the 'golden years' for BTL. There is more regulation & higher taxation on BTLs; mortgage costs are going up; tenants are getting more rights & EPC C is coming.

The stock market is the place to go instead - £20k per year in an ISA means all tax is...
      20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
    • Reply to N244 Application Notice Q10 Evidence
      by rapid111111
      Thanks for the reply. This is a different case.
      The defendants are asking to set aside. Any paperwork sent to me has come from the courts only and not them.

I've provided the defendants and the court with paperwork in preparation for the hearing to set aside....
      20-01-2022, 15:03 PM
      by davetg
      I still can't think of a better thing to invest in even given all the new regulations. The lessons i have learnt are:-
      1) Never let to people on benefits.
      2) Don't over leverage your borrowing.
      3) Have access to spare funds for unexpected things like a new boiler being required or...
      20-01-2022, 15:00 PM
    • Reply to Possession hearing
      by davetg
      The two I have done were quite informal - the tenants didn't show up so I had to wait quite a while as they give every opportunity for them to arrive late.

I was shown into a room with the judge sitting at a big table and offered a seat on the other side of the table. The judge looked at...
      20-01-2022, 14:49 PM
    Working...
    X