Faulty washing machine in rented house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aris- This is very reasonable what you writing.

"For the tenant I think a thing to have in mind is that if inventory has not captured the fault with the washing machine, whilst it has been assured the fault occurred before the tenacy commenced, then the agents/landlord are to some extent on the weak side of legality. "

This is what i think too. And I need to know exacly what is the law in this situations.

Comment

Originally posted by malgo View Post
      Aris- This is very reasonable what you writing.

"For the tenant I think a thing to have in mind is that if inventory has not captured the fault with the washing machine, whilst it has been assured the fault occurred before the tenacy commenced, then the agents/landlord are to some extent on the weak side of legality. "

This is what i think too. And I need to know exacly what is the law in this situations.
      As requested in my previous post we need more precise information. We just don't know whether the alleged fault during the landlords occupation was the same as that experienced in the tenant's occupation.

We don't know if the machine itself had been faulty or if the plumbing defect is a new problem or had been the cause of intermittent difficulties in the past. For example a partly blocked water pipe could affect the washing machine during periods of low pressure and not at other times.

There is insufficient evidence to show the nature of the fault to the washing machine, whether it was rectified and if the alleged problem after the tenant's occupation was a new fault.

The tenant has failed to make out convincing grounds that there was an outstanding repair to a washing machine or the plumbing system that justified a premature termination of the contract by the tenant.

If the problem was associated with lack of water pressure the landlord can in no way be regarded as procrastinating in resolving a fault that could be due to failures by the water utility.
      Vic - wicked landlord
      Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
      Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Originally posted by malgo View Post
        Let's make it simple: a faulty washing machine wouldn't render the tenancy void or wouldn't relieve you from your obligations (including paying the rent until a replacement tenant is found). The fact that the washing machine may have been faulty prior to you moving in doesn't affect your rights or obligations in any way.

Even regarding the inventory it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be held responsible for a fault that you didn't cause by negligence or on purpose.

Washing machines go wrong, fact of life, the only obligations from a landlord's point of view is to get it fixed (and you should allow him to do so) or replaced and make sure it's safe.

Sorry but no one here is going to tell you that you don't have to pay the rent because of a faulty washing machine that a landlord tried to get fixed.

Comment

Fantastic. finally I recieved answer to my question. thank you!
          This is all I needed. Sorry if my story upset anybody. I wont pay for your psychiatrist - unless there is law making me do that

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X