landlord living on rented property in a caravan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landlord living on rented property in a caravan

What are the legal implications of renting my 2 bedroom house and living in a touring caravan on the said property. Thanks

To live permanently in a caravan anywhere (even if you own the land it stands on), you would need planning permission. We have an elderly neighbour and when his wife was dying from cancer a few years ago, his son wanted to bring his caravan here and live beside the house to help them (having already had permission for a granny flat refused). Council would not allow it, even though we are right in the sticks, not overlooked by anyone and the caravan would have been in a 2 acre field!

To make a touring van suitable for permanent residence, you would also need to consider toilet, water and power supply issues.

TBH, if I were renting a property, I wouldn't want my LL living in the garden either!

Comment

In addition to lesleyanne's comments - you can not park the van on the property let to the tenant (they have exclusive possession) so the tenancy agreeent you grant would have to exclude a specific area (where the van is) and, possibly an access route.

Something like "The dwellinghouse known as 123 High Street excluding the areas outlined in red on the attached plan"

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X