Non return of deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the emails I sent to the landlord in the last month since she took over from agent. Also agent will back me up re tel calls and reports to them.
    Should I get a report from environmental as well ?

Comment

checkout issue !

Hi

I have recently moved out of my property. The landlord sent her brother to do the check out and he was ok with all. I asked him to sign a document to say all ok and that the deposit was to be returned to me he signed no probs.
      I then forwarded the signed document to the agent who still held the deposit for it to be returned.
      Now the landlord is refusing the return of the deposit, it was pointed out that there was a signed document the landlords reply was thats my brother signature not mine I am the owner !
      Surely her brother was acting on her behalf when he did the checkout otherwise she should have done it herself.
      Please can anyone advise me on next course of action thanks

Comment

The fact that LL's brother conducted check out inspection does not imply that he had authority to decide what to do with the deposit.

However, as he add authority to conduct the inspection, and as he agreed in writing that there was no damage, I don't see how the LL could now try to deduct anything from deposit.

Is the deposit protected in a deposit protection scheme?

Comment

Yes the deposit is protected in a scheme.

The landlord wanted to conduct checkout without me and asked me to send keys back in the post.
          I objected and asked to be present so any issues could be discussed.

Her brother was quite happy with everything.

Comment

Why is the landlord refusing to return the deposit?

Comment

Dont know ive just had a message from the agent to say she has to check something with her bank !!

Comment

Like whether she has enough money to repay your deposit?!

You should expect to get a breakdown of any deductions that the landlord feels are appropriate, backed up with quotations or other material to justify the amounts. You can use the agent to apply pressure to the landlord to be prompt about confirming the reason why they are withholding the deposit.

Comment

Non return of deposit

Hi

I already posted about my deposit not being returned well this is an update and any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

My landlord has now said that rent was not paid in full for last month of tenancy. I paid the rent minus the outstanding bills for maintenance I had to pay due to landlord not replying to my emails and calls (replied only after I gave notice) these were a plumbers bill for a leak, an electricians bill for a sparking socket in the kitchen (second one) fitting of replacement doors in kitchen (door she already paid for) due to health & saftey (glass not compliant, also it was stated in inventory to be replaced) and fitting of new laminate flooring she paid for floor, I paid for fitting on the understanding that if I moved within a year this would be refunded (she is now denying knowledge of this)
                  The landlord has said she will only give me £50 and she is incensed with the situation, if Im not happy with that she said it can go to resolution even if it costs her £1000 she does not care !! that was her words
                  I have several contacts in the trade and got them to see to the leak & socket for a small cash payment so I only charged her this if it went through the books it would have been a lot more including a call out fee !!

So should I just accept the £50 or let it go to resolution ?

Comment

Originally posted by katrinahale View Post
                    …. already posted about my deposit not being returned well this is an update and any help or advise would be greatly appreciated….
                    Threads merged so that people who might like to help you don’t have to go searching for the history of your deposit issue.
                    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Thank you for that moderator.

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Thank you to all that have viewed my post.

Please can I have some comments thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X