online forms with court service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online forms with court service

Have landlords found the use of internet forms and claims a much easier way to gain evictions, issue documents and gain access to courts.

Does it save much time and complication, and how do you find the online help on the site?

Is it now easier and more likely for LL to take further action where they otherwise wouldnt?

What do you think?
    Cheers.

Whether they like it or not, landlords are sometimes obliged to take action against problem tenants. The online court service enables said landlord to download the required forms, complete them and submit them without the problems of getting them in the first place. It reduces the hassle of taking court action, but I doubt that it enables landlords to take action that they would otherwise have not considered doing.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

I have just gone down this road but found it much easier simply to phone the court, thus guaranteeing that I got the right papers, and physically taking them in where they were checked before I handed any money over.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Claiming for protected deposit
        mandm
        This is an interesting one, got me into a spin.
        Tenants signed AST but decided to leave after 6 months and 3 days (problem with moving) using the break clause in the AST. I protected the deposit using DPS (Insured) and returned the deposit minus deductions when the moved out.
        I served the...
        21-07-2017, 08:00 AM
      • Reply to Claiming for protected deposit
        mariner
        It was the situation predicted by some Judges et al when it was first proposed that the full Penalty would be awarded to the T and not the Exchequer.
        22-07-2017, 01:16 AM
        JK0
        I agree. It's almost at the level of scandal as the people claiming cash by pretending they were ill on holiday. In that case, the Spanish Hotels have told tour operators they won't be doing all inclusive holidays any more.

Therefore, I suggest landlords take a page out of their book, and...
        21-07-2017, 22:22 PM
        mandm
        Letter sent with the evidence attached.
        Slightly off topic, it seems there this deposit protection appears to have gathered conflicting views.
        I would have thought that the purpose of the legislation was the protection of T's money, which most law-abiding landlords do but it seems that its...
        21-07-2017, 21:20 PM
      • Landlord threatening to sue after end of tenancy
        Pickle135
        Our tenancy has just ended. We have cleaned the property from top to bottom using professional cleaners to do this and clean the carpets. He suggested this hadn't been done and wanted the name of our contractor to check which we gave him. The contractor assured him that after eight years the carpets...
        08-03-2017, 00:45 AM
      • Reply to Landlord threatening to sue after end of tenancy
        Pickle135
        Woohoo!

Our adjudication has just come through and the landlord has been given a token payment with the majority of our large deposit being returned to us. He was told that he had not submitted appropriate evidence for the misuse of the property and that things he was saying were wrong...
        21-07-2017, 20:49 PM
      • Deposit at the end of AST. Also, quiet enjoyment.
        scooter08
        Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
        England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
        AST

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
        12/04/2015
        21-07-2017, 15:06 PM
      • Reply to Deposit at the end of AST. Also, quiet enjoyment.
        scooter08
        Thanks for the reply jp....
        21-07-2017, 18:32 PM
        jpkeates
        Makes sense - if the tenancy agreement doesn't say you have to let him and a surveyor in, his only right of access is with 24 hours written notice for the purpose of viewing the "condition and state of repair" of the property.

So you can simply decline or make your point.
        21-07-2017, 18:23 PM
        scooter08
        I'm not trying to claim for breach of quiet enjoyment. He wants to be in again with a surveyor to use his property as security for something. I am going to let him I just want to remind him and have all the facts. Sorry if I didn't explain it right.

Only claiming for the non protection...
        21-07-2017, 18:08 PM
      Working...
      X