X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What facilities for a shared room?

Modernising shared rooms.......

Digital TV point.
    BT line in each room. so they can have Broardband & phone.
    Wooden laminate floor.
    Tripple waredrobe, large chest or drawers, bedside table.
    Bed
    Plastered wipe clean paint walls.
    Picture rails(hang your pictures where you want with no nails)
    Door hocks at back of bedroom door to hang up bags & coats.
    Many double electrical points in room.

Have I missed anything else?

For the ladies

Ladies do appreciate a large mirror in their room,
    also stops them hogging the bathroom to do their make-up

Comment

Originally posted by leonaph View Post
      Ladies do appreciate a large mirror in their room,
      also stops them hogging the bathroom to do their make-up
      Careful, or the Equal Opportunity Discrimination Taskforce and Gender Thoughtcrime Police will come and get you.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Yes mirror. Good for the woman.

BT line in each room means that each person manages their own bill & vsort out their own broadband.

Comment

installation cost for new lines

Cost of new lines being installed is £125.00 with British Telecom. Would cost a fortune. Most laptops now have a wireless function whereby the tenant buys a wireless card and inserts. Doesnt cost the landlord anything.

Another useful fitment that doesnt cost a lot BUT saves a lot of damage to walls is a door stop. I wish I had put them into my HMO when I converted the house.Are you putting locks on doors.All girls want these, even if sharing with other girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman
            We supply wireless routers to all our own student homes. Cost approx £50.
            Works a treat, if you do the same make sure the tenants know the extent of your support (eg, dropping off device, with instructions!!)
            Sounds a good idea and a good selling point for the property. What happens if stuff does go wrong - can they contact the ISP helpline? I'm just wondering how this works in practice - do you have a single standard residential broadband connection - does the ISP know (or care) it's shared between many unrelated individuals? How much do you pay for broadband; is that just included in the rent?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X