Retainer Fee Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retainer Fee Issue

Me, my girlfriend and our friend moved into a house we are renting for university recently. Each of us paid a £300 retainer fee in May on the condition that work would done over the summer ready for us. We recently found out, courtesy of a nosy neighbour, that she had three families living in the house over the course of the four months before we got here and one of the familes moved out only two days before we got here.

What we were wondering is if she has broken any rules or laws or if we've simply misunderstood what is meant by a retainer.

Hmm, but presumably you weren't paying rent over the summer, so why does it worry you who was living there?

Comment

Has the work that you paid the retainer fee for been done?

Do you have some kind of written evidence of your agreement?
      Disclaimer:

The above represents my own opinion, derived from personal knowledge and should not be relied upon as definitive or accurate advice. It is offered free of charge and may contain errors or omissions or be an inaccurate opinion of the law. I accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of relying on the above.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X