Possession claim online vs county court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession claim online vs county court

Apart from the cost can anyone tell me the pros and cons of claiming online (PCOL ) for possession for arrears (S8/N5) as opposed to taking all the paperwork to the county court.

Any quicker/slower?

Thanks

They both end up in the same court room so there is no advantage other than the considerable cost saving.

Comment

You can track your case easier as they update it online with any documents filed. Useful as there is often a big delay between defendants filing paperwork and it then being posted out to you. You also don't have the hassle of printing off 3x copies of everything as they do it all for you.
      If you want more info search for a thread I started a few months ago where I detailed the process.

Comment

1. The cost online using PCOL is £100 per possession against £150 if you file paperwork manually.
        2. You do not have to print other than the copy you retain for yourself.
        3. The date and court is allocated automatically in most cases by PCOL - sometimes you might have to wait a day or so if they are stockpiling applications for a part-time court/judge.
        4. If the defendants file a response or defence, on PCOL its instantly available to see and you get an email.
        5. You can order Warrants of Possession through PCOL - you are deffo sure the court has got it since you get an acknowledgement and usually a bailiffs appointment sent within a day or 2.

Disadvantages:-

1. You cannot add anything sustantially complicated into the PCOL system as your wording specs are limited.
        2. You cannot send in additional evidence or notes (other than by making a separate letter within the PCOL system).
        3. When it goes wrong - you have the devils own job to correct it - for example - an order written out wrongly - you need to speak to the PCOL Administrator who might be in a separate court - for example, Pontefract CC's administrator is at Leeds CC.
        4. Judges who have no thorough knowledge of what PCOL is - for example one asked why the Statement of Truth was not signed by the claimant - explanation - theres no facility other than to tick to insert claimants name in the Statement of Truth space. Fortunately accepted!!!!!
        5. Don't rely on the judge having the correct paperwork in front of him/her at court - you need to take copies and prepare a bundle of all evidence.
        6. Defendants generally dont file a reply - they instead seek to defend or excuse at the court hearing if they turn up (but this applies to paper possessions as well)

Comment

filed my pcol 8 weeks ago, the case was heard on thursday. the tenants didnt file anything or turn up to court, so the person ruled in my favour saying i could call in the bailiffs after 2 weeks and they had to pay the unpaid rent and court costs.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X