My rights as a tenant with a 5 month old baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle + Baby = Bad News

Comment

Originally posted by ckc86 View Post
      Would any of you like to live in a house with no heating and no hot water with a 5 month old baby for as long as I have? I think I am being a very good tenant and maybe that is why I'm not really getting very far. I pay my rent, which I don't get help with, I am only on maternity pay at the moment, and I pay it on time, every time and have never really complained.
      Surely me and my son deserve better.
      It sounds to me like you have acted entirely reasonably and reported the disrepair in a timely manner etc. I think it is unreasonable that the LL has failed to sort the problem over such a long period, and I think boletus is wrong to say otherwise. Contact the Environmental Health Officer as advised.

Comment

I contact the letting agent and they said to contact British Gas as the LL had a hoecare agreement with them. I did this and it was fixed....for a day! I left it a few more days before contacting the LA again in case it rectified itself, but it didn't so called the LA an again was told to contact British Gas.
        I find this a bit strange. My experience of BG homecare services is that they do know what they are doing and would sort the problem out, so maybe there is something we are not being informed of..........?
        I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by jta View Post
          I find this a bit strange. My experience of BG homecare services is that they do know what they are doing and would sort the problem out, so maybe there is something we are not being informed of..........?
          In my experience, British Gas Homecare expect the tenant to contact them to make arrangements for a callout, and for a repeat callout, if needed, until the problem is fixed. Going via the agent every time just delays things.

I echo jta's experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sad S View Post
            In my experience, British Gas Homecare expect the tenant to contact them to make arrangements for a callout, and for a repeat callout, if needed, until the problem is fixed. Going via the agent every time just delays things.

I echo jta's experience.
            But that does not mean the tenant is legally obliged to do so... In reality, it is the opposite, tenant like behavious would include reporting issues to the landlord/agent.
            [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X