Oral letting agreement only- and L won't fix anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniellepace19 View Post
    I just wanted to post an update and send my thanks.

I sent the 'without prejudice' letter as advised. I waited a week and then rang my letting agency fearing the worst - either having to stay there or losing my deposit and having to pursue things through the courts.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

The agency admitted that they had broken promises and acted unfairly and agreed that we could leave the flat and are returning our deposit in full.

I am so happy and grateful to you all.

Super thanks to worldlife - you really helped me out!!
    498 viewings so far- "all" is right.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Danielle....... it is really appreciated that you have come back to let us know about the successful outcome of your case.

Congratulations!!!!
      Vic - wicked landlord
      Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
      Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X