Bit of advise if you could be so kind, dont know where to turn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of advise if you could be so kind, dont know where to turn!

Dont even know if im posting in the right area but hope someone can re-direct me if so...

i rent a property from a housing association the landlord (housing association) conducted upgrage works on our home during october 2010 (new facia's etc, loads of scaffolding etc), during these works a scaffolding pole was dropped through our roof (whilst we were away for 10 days) damage caused (water ingress) to our property damaging flooring, fittings etc, are they liable for these costs? i.e. flooring, redecoration we bought a dehumidifier etc, also they have taken 300 days to actually repair the damage can i gain compensation for this unacceptable time scale?

I am sure they are liable for your losses, and in theory there may be some small amount of compensation. Have a look at this site which has lots of info on 'Social Housing'. I hope you get more info from the members on here, but our knowledge is mainly the private rental sector which has different rules.

http://www.tenantservicesauthority.org/

Comment

What have the housing association said?
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I too am sure that Housing Association will be liable for the damage to your property. I expect you will be able to claim compensation for any loss of amenity/inconvenience caused.

You will probably need legal advice to ensure that any claim is likely to succeed. Do you have any home contents insurance that includes legal advice?

300 days does sound a very long time. Even if the place has been replastered with a hard plaster (which can take three months to dry out), 300 days is still far too long.

Good luck

Comment

I'm sure I've seen this selfsame question somewhere before, MSE?
          I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

the housing association have said nothing relevant to the issue

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X