Witness Statement for rent payment date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anal, anal anal. If a tenancy agreement starts on the 19th of the month and you have a written statement from the LL saying that rent is also due on the 19th of the month, to not accept that fact, is definitely anal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaya View Post
      Anal, anal anal. definitely anal.
      This kind of language is not about to encourage people to offer you advice.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

A lot of people on here have already offered me advice and I have now acted upon it. The open minded and also the closed-minded on this forum have given me an insight as to what is required and how to tackle the situation. Many thanks.
        Kaya xxx

Comment

I think perhaps the judge might have taken into account other factors. Hence his request for a witness statement. You are lucky he could have decided against it- google witness statement and provide required info. Although, your T/A is awlful,no date for rent to be received?. My god, I am amazed that there are so many foolish LL's out there in ether!!!. You definately need legal advice !!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemistry View Post
            I think perhaps the judge might have taken into account other factors. Hence his request for a witness statement. You are lucky he could have decided against it- google witness statement and provide required info. Although, your T/A is awlful,no date for rent to be received?. My god, I am amazed that there are so many foolish LL's out there in ether!!!. You definately need legal advice !!
            Please don't call me foolish, and yes I do need legal advice otherwise I would not have posted here. The T/A I used was the standard one issued by the Residential Landlords Association. You may have heard of them? Don't even try to belittle me 'Chemistry'. End of.

Comment

Kaya, lose the attitude and do not attempt to belittle others helpful comments. Your Judge has asked you for legal clarification of unceretain terms. Hopefully you are a prof LL prfepared to jump the legal hoops.
              Do not seek free advice, use a solic who charges and may take exeption to your attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                Kaya, lose the attitude and do not attempt to belittle others helpful comments. Your Judge has asked you for legal clarification of unceretain terms. Hopefully you are a prof LL prfepared to jump the legal hoops.
                Do not seek free advice, use a solic who charges and may take exeption to your attitude.
                I agree. It's childish (not to mention inadvisable from a pragmatic viewpoint) to start insulting either the people who are trying to help you here, or the representatives of the legal system you must work with, whatever your opinion of it (which in your case seems to be based on one setback in one case).

Be glad that you live in a country where the law still allows you to be right-wing, or left-wing, politically inactive or a Monster Raving Loony, where your tenants have rights and so do you and that those rights can be enforced without resort to violence (as happens elsewhere).

There is no point sprinkling your posts with kisses, BTW - a short apology to westminster for the offensive language might be more appropriate. This is a grown-up, professional forum, after all...
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X